Healthy lunch ideas around 400 cals

Options
Hi just looking for some ideas for lunches around 400 cals range

Thanks in advance, Sam

Replies

• miko482
    miko482 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lasagna roll up - there was a recipe on the mfp blog recently, you can make them in advance and freeze them - made with low fat ricotta and cheddar served with a side salad.

Depending on how you make these, they're closer to 300 kcal, so you can add in a treat (apple, fruit salad, homemade muffin):
    • Tuna salad made w/light mayo served on rice crackers, with steamed veg or side salad. (I do this on days where I know I'm going to have a snack or early dinner since I only use about half a can of tuna.)
    • Chicken served on a large salad w/ lots of veg: onion, celery, broccoli, etc. and some tomatoes, (I usually bake a bunch of chicken for the week usually with various herb mixes for flavour, and then heat it back up for lunch or dinner).
    • Chicken, beef or tofu stir fry served over brown rice (something like basmati with higher protein) bit of oyster sauce, rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar), low salt soy sauce and garlic/ginger for the marinade.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich at Culver's.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2 Bean & cheese Tostadas
    -2 corn tostadas
    -1/2 cup refried beans
    -1/4 cup of shredded cheese

broil in the oven or throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds until beans are warm and cheese is melted. Then top each tostada with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. I also top mine with jalapenos, onions and taco bell taco sauce.

I had this for lunch yesterday and it was about 380 calories. Hubby and I practically lived on these when we were in college. So cheap and easy. 18 years later we still eat them. :smile:
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Sliced turkey rolled up with hummus.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowls - Depending on the amount of chicken it is anywhere between 340-380 and ground sirloin for 4oz is 417.
    Deli sandwiches
    Tortilla pizza
    Baked potato
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Make any sandwich you normally would then wrap in lettuce instead of bread, sushi is super low cal & yummy & Thai curry
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    taco salad with greens chicken and beans one crunchy tortilla crushed up woth salsa, quac, cheese, and sour cream... or whatever you like
  • timlindfitnesspal
    timlindfitnesspal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    .5 Medium Onion
    1 Red Bell Peeper
    1 TBsp Olive Oil (or Coconut oil)
    6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (or Top Sirloin or whatever protein)
    1 Hot Pepper (jalapeño or whatever you like to add some heat)
    1 Clove Garlic

Dice or slice the way you like
    Make stir-fry adding Bell Peppers at the end so they do not over cook
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I find soup to be the easiest and most filling thing low calorie lunch :)
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a giant salad or stir fry. Tons of veggies and I can vary the extras depending on how much activity I've gotten. Today's salad is a deluxe edition because I have more calories to work with - spinach, cucumber, tomato, guacamole, red onion, corn, salsa, pickled jalapeño slices, plain yogurt, baked tilapia, and hot sauce, just under 400 calories.
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Chicken fajitas
    -chicken cooked in a few tbsp of salsa and fajita seasoning
    -trader joes frozen onions/peppers (or use fresh and cook)
    -tortilla
    -greek yogurt
    -top with shredded lettuce, cheese or salsa

One large fajita/burrito is under 400!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Caesar salad, no croutons.

Lately I've been having burritos.
    I cook up some chicken or lean meat in a crock pot on the weekend (with chilies).
    Then add cheese, and what not to a flatout wrap or whole grain tortilla. YUM.