anyone lost weight only using fitbit calories?

Options
let me explain for the past week and a half I have been really good about logging my food and and I don't log my exercise anymore I just look at my fitbit calories that get added in to MFP I do eat back some calories that I have earned. has anyone lost weight just doing the fitbit & mfp sync methond?

Replies

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yes. I also don't log other exercise and I eat back about 50% of my Fitbit calories. If I do additional exercise other than my Fitbit steps on one day, I will eat back more of my Fitbit calories to compensate for the fact that I am not logging that other exercise. I've been losing at a rate that is expected per my MFP goals.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm doing right now. My rate of loss has been truckling along pretty well with my base calories and a portion of my Fitbit adjustments.

Fitbit tracks running and I don't track my bodyweight exercises as the burns are pretty minimal.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my exercise is just walking at the moment since it's easier on my body. thank you guys I did lose about a pound last week I have 57 more pounds to go
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yep. I started using the Charge HR in July. I was 139 pounds then and I got down to 109 in February. I used to eat 50% of my calories back, then I started eating 75 to 100% back. Now I'm trying to gain weight and eating 250 calories more than Fitbit says I can so I can be in a surplus, however I'm still not gaining at the rate I should be, so it seems like Fitbit is underestimating my TDEE a bit.
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Yes. I also don't log other exercise and I eat back about 50% of my Fitbit calories. If I do additional exercise other than my Fitbit steps on one day, I will eat back more of my Fitbit calories to compensate for the fact that I am not logging that other exercise. I've been losing at a rate that is expected per my MFP goals.

How do you come up with your "Base" calories... The ones before you take Fitbit calories into account?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I log my food in MFP and my weightlifting via the Fitbit app. I eat 500 calories below the number of calories that Fitbit says I'm burning. I'm losing a pound a week.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat all the calories that my Fitbit One gives me and have lost weight at the rate I expected to and am now maintaining. Most of my exercise is step based (running and walking)