Meal plans ideas

Options
Hi everyone i want to know any meals and snack to do to lose weight i been stuck on the same weight and want to lose 20 more pounds i need breakfast ideas for on the go since im always rushing for work also good filling dinner that wont make me hungry at night and some good nightime snack

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I eat a scrambled egg w/green onions wrap in the mornings. It takes maybe 5 minutes max to make and it's fills me up til at least 1030 (I eat at 7) when I have an apple or banana to hold me til lunch
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, you could try a protein bar. They're quick, easy, and you can eat them in the car if needed. For dinners, maybe:

Chicken and potatoes
    Chicken stir fry
    Chicken wraps/salads
    Grilled salmon and asparagus
    Tuna steaks
    Pot roast and vegetables

For nighttime snacks, do you usually go for salty or sweet? For sweet, try frozen berries. For salt, try un-buttered popcorn.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Pack leftovers from dinner to go in the morning. You don't have to limit yourself to traditional breakfast food, but I'm sure you know that. I can't suggest what to make for dinner because I don't know your tastes. Now that I'm dieting, I'm sticking to things that are easy to weigh or measure separately, so no casseroles, for example. Tonight it will be roast chicken,brown/wild rice mix, and garlic green beans (sauteed from frozen).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need to stick to an appropriate calorie goal to lose weight. Have you adjusted your weight loss goal after you lost some weight? I don't snack and I eat sit-down meals, but you could try to always have some protein, fat and vegetables with your meals/snacks, and eat as many different things through the day/week as possible (it can be done without producing unnecessary waste, if you make a plan).
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Chicken pot pie.
  • zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1350 a day im 5'1 and weigh 152 now i like some sweets and some salty snack it has to be healthy not to much sweet or salty and for dinner i want something filling i like sweet potatoes chicken baked only and asparagus i have done stirfry before with all that i use olive oil and coconut oil to cook my stuff i love ground turkey and i will make me turkey wraps using lettuce as wrap i like egg whites and chicken sausage and im willing to try new meals
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually cook a big batch of scrambled egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, onion, peppers, etc. on Sunday and portion it out so I just have to grab and go in the morning along with some fruit. For my mid-morning snack, I usually have a Chobani Simply 100 yogurt and a cheesestick or cereal and skim milk with protein powder mixed in (and some fresh berries).
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make breakfast at night and pack it in a plastic shopping bag, then place it in the fridge. That way I just have to grab the bag before I walk out the door in the morning. I've done with with breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs, bagels, fridge oats, english muffins w/ butter + jam, etc. Oatmeal is really easy though because I just have to remember a bowl and an oatmeal packet, and can microwave it once I'm at work. Maybe a smoothie but freeze it, and take it out of the freezer when you wake up, so by the time you get to work, it'll be liquid again. I've also put almond milk in a tupperware container and brought cereal in a small ziplock, and just combine the two once I'm at work.

But honestly it's SO much easier to do it all at night before bed. If I try to do it in the mornings, I end up in a scramble and forget everything.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwiches for breakfast!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - boiled egg and toast
    - Yes to a pnut butter bananna sandwhich
    - Protein smoothie w milk and frozen fruit
    - Yogurt w fruit and nuts
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I make a bunch of hard boiled eggs about once a week and use them for bfast or lunch depending on my day:) 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 slices 45 cal wheat bread toasted and I'm good til lunch most days:)
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How do u cook your chicken? Boiled, baked or with oil?
    kandell wrote: »
    For breakfast, you could try a protein bar. They're quick, easy, and you can eat them in the car if needed. For dinners, maybe:

Chicken and potatoes
    Chicken stir fry
    Chicken wraps/salads
    Grilled salmon and asparagus
    Tuna steaks
    Pot roast and vegetables

For nighttime snacks, do you usually go for salty or sweet? For sweet, try frozen berries. For salt, try un-buttered popcorn.