Long way to go and need help

Options
I'm in my mid 30's and am at the highest weight I have ever been. I've tried all kinds of diets and have lost just to gain it all back and then some. Trying to start getting healthy and in shape for me and my family. I have a long road ahead and would love some friends to help on this journey.

Replies

• GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and a mom of three. I have 35 lbs to lose and I'm hoping to have it all gone before I turn 30.
  • boatfarmgirl
    boatfarmgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of Paleo and journaling. Only 5lbs so far and feel pretty discouraged. My overall health seems to be improving but I wish I could see more off on the scale as I have long way to go as well. Dealing with low thyroid as well...
  • elianabernal
    elianabernal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have 20 pounds to lose.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My 1st piece of advice is to stop "dieting" Make this a lifestyle change. A diet is a short term fix and usually restrictive and unsustainable. Take this day by day. Be honest and patient and you will see lasting results! ;)

• 19SMR81
    19SMR81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just came back to MFP. I took a break and tried WW. At first I liked it (still like the meetings-but I don't want to pay for it) but I've been stuck for a while then gained some back. I have a lot to lose and I shouldn't be stuck already.
    I'm in my mid 30's as well and the heaviest I've ever been. I want to get in the best shape of my life. I'm tired of feeling like crap. I live in Hawaii and hate that I'm so uncomfortable all the time.
    Friend request sent. I look forward to working on our paths together.
  • red55555
    red55555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    My 1st piece of advice is to stop "dieting" Make this a lifestyle change. A diet is a short term fix and usually restrictive and unsustainable. Take this day by day. Be honest and patient and you will see lasting results! ;)

This is my plan, to make it a life style change for the better!!

We can all do this and encourage each other along the way!! I know it can be very discouraging at time but we have to push through
  • AshleyStar84
    AshleyStar84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am in the same situation.. I'm the most I have ever weighed and had an emotional break down while trying on dresses for a bridal shower.. I hated what I seen in the mirror and realized that I did that to myself. I had no one to blame but myself all the fast food, chips, donuts didn't do it but that I myself chose to binge on them. I'm looking to loose 30-40lbs and I'm in desperate need of some motivating friends!! Please feel free to add me :)
  • red55555
    red55555 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You guys can message me anytime and make sure to add me. I myself have about 70 lbs I want to lose.
  • AmberNew16
    AmberNew16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just rejoined mfp. I have about 28 lbs i would like to lose. My partner and I are talking about getting married. I'd actually love to lose before getting married and having kids. My biggest fear is becoming heavier after kids. I'd love to friend you. I'm sick this week so I won't be working out yet but i'd love to motivate one another if that's something you're interested in.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 so I'm a bit older but feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm fairly new here as well but so far it's going really good.
  • Steph1079
    Steph1079 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in exactly the same boat. Mid 30s mom with 70lbs to lose.
  • jaded33jade
    jaded33jade Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log in and comment everyday.
  • kileedphelps
    kileedphelps Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm hoping to drop about 30 pounds!