Undecided on Goal Weight should I let bra size matter

Options
(I am 4.1 lbs from my initial goal weight= 135lbs) I feel good now. I think at only 5'1" & 135lbs society will still think I'm overweight. When I hit goal I plan on still tracking, but adding 400 cal. to my daily goal so I can slowly make a decision if I should keep going (at a slower pace) or not. I know I don't want to regain my weight, but I'm not sure I want to lose more everywhere. I previously (12 yrs ago) went 15 lbs lower than my current goal to 120lbs, and I went down a cup size. I mean a cup size lower than I was in high school at 105lb. I felt cheated. I know I will figure it all out but I am wondering if I'm alone in letting body part size be a factor.

Replies

• shaneseb
    shaneseb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should stop when you feel comfortable. There is nothing wrong with deciding not to go to the lowest weight you have been lately.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you aren't alone. We all want to be happy with our bodies. What I find sexy may differ from other people's ideas. That's ok. As long as you are happy. You can still lose body fat without necessarily losing pounds... and you can continue to work out while eating more until you have the body you want.
    Body recomp may be something you'd be interested in reading about.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that cup size is determined by the difference between the distance around your rib cage just under your breasts and then the distance around your rib cage including your breasts. While they may have gotten a bit smaller chances are that your body is shaped differently than it was when you were in high school leading to less of a difference. You may have more muscle mass in your back than you did in high school.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Um. I don't have much boobs, so no idea, I think bodies look best pretty lean, wouldn't keep overfat to keep boobs, you can buy them if it's important to you.
    But I can say with absolute honesty that I like my legs and middle better when I'm underweight at 125, and my butt looks much better when I am here at 136. So yeah, sometimes you can't have everything you want at any weight.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel the best.

You might be changing to a smaller cup size but the distance around your rib cage may change too.

Make sure you get measured professionally, push up bras are an option too.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Id sacrifice some waist to keep the junk in my trunk. ;)
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 5 lbs and already lost a cup size, I think it all came off my my boobs. Not sure what will happen with the last 15-20 lbs. I don't really care what size I end up being as long as I'm healthy. Maybe I'll be one of those lucky girls that can leave the house with out a bra.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    They have amazing bras nowadays so just visit Victoria and it will be your little secret
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and sit at 120. My boobs went down from 135..but I like how I look overall...and still have a good enough amount of breast tissue on top to look great in a push-up..but even without the bra I'm happy with what I got and glad I kept going.

Do what makes you happy! If you feel you may lose a cup and prefer to stay at your current weight that's your decision. I'm sure you're not alone on your concern..and it was a concern of mine at one point, but not anymore.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Bra sizing was kind of the deciding factor in whether I continued to lose weight. My goal was 150 lbs & at 5' 2.5", that is still around 10 lbs in the "overweight" bmi category. I don't tend to lose a lot in my chest, but I do lose a bunch in my ribcage so it gets more & more difficult to find a bra that I like & is comfortable. I was debating whether I should just go ahead & lose that last 10 lbs, but I'm at 154 & a 30" ribcage. I don't want to go below 28" no matter what, so I'm stopping at 150 after all. I think everyone has their own reasons for picking their goal weight & there is nothing wrong with stopping because you are happy with how you look at a certain weight.
  • SgtDashie
    SgtDashie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dont let your bra size make a difference. Ive lost a couple pounds before starting this and i went down from 38 to 36 but i wasnt seeing a bad difference. Its all worth while