Why is 10 lbs so hard to drop?

Options
I'm trying to lose 10 lb before summer so I can feel just decent in swimsuit. Need some accountability!! Day 1 today. Anyone in a similar boat? My triggers are sweets and booze.

Replies

• linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, with sweets. I just gave up caffeine for lent (for solidarity, not a Catholic here), and it wasn't so bad really. So I'm doing the same with refined sugar now, for the next 40 days. I'm 36 hours in and grumpy as hell. I have to be honest, I can't moderate my intake and lose weight at the same time. Good luck!
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am on my last 10 lbs and oh boy it is waaayyy harder than the first 20 lbs. I am trying to give up sweets and keep it with complex carbs but I have until May 1st to get this 10 gone (Marathon on May 1st)
  • Jeaners0523
    Jeaners0523 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have about 10 to 15 pounds I'd like to lose before summer too and I can't seem to stick with anything. Wondering if I could get someone to help me be accountable?
  • jpurchase
    jpurchase Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Jeaners0523 I would love the same. Friend me!
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the same boat as you, but I still need to lose 20 lbs. Does it really get that much harder at 10? I'm already eating at absolute minimum at my lowest and up to 1700 at the most. So far so good for me.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't expect it to happen over night. It takes time and dedication. Especially with little to loose.