Fitbit flex or fitbit hr

I want to get a fitbit not sure witch one is better. I have the fitbit one. That clips on to your pants or shirt. But I want a newer one. What are your thoughts. I want one that counts steps, miles I walk calories burned in each workout cant decide. Please help. I want to lose 30 pounds by the end of may.

Replies

• MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    I like the HR because it helps track my calories burned during non-walk/running exercises, like when I go to cycling or do the stairmaster.

But if most of your cardio is walking or running, a flex could probably be sufficient
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    If your exercise is not steady (HIIT, for example) HR will have you all over the place. I enjoy it for use on the treadmill or elliptical though. It's even nice for tracking my lifting days.

Also, note that the flex does not do stairs. It doesn't have an altimeter in order to know when you've gone up or down any stairs. So if you typically walk up and down stairs, consider the HR, or even just the charge.
  • TigerLilly03
    TigerLilly03 Posts: 49 Member
    MTDDS18 wrote: »
    I like the HR because it helps track my calories burned during non-walk/running exercises, like when I go to cycling or do the stairmaster.

But if most of your cardio is walking or running, a flex could probably be sufficient

Thanks.. I do a lot of walking and DVD workouts like CIZE and rockin body and I have Jillian Michaels. So maybe the hr will be good. Since I'm danceing around and walking
    If your exercise is not steady (HIIT, for example) HR will have you all over the place. I enjoy it for use on the treadmill or elliptical though. It's even nice for tracking my lifting days.

Also, note that the flex does not do stairs. It doesn't have an altimeter in order to know when you've gone up or down any stairs. So if you typically walk up and down stairs, consider the HR, or even just the charge.

Thanks I think I'll get the hr I need one that counts stairs since i live on the second floor.will it count and be good when working out to my DVDs like CIZE and rockin body
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    I LOVE my Charge HR. The HRM makes it so easy to pace myself, and also to see how different activities are actually affecting my effort. As far as I understand, the flex is basically a glorified pedometer.
  • CodyConway
    CodyConway Posts: 8 Member
    Also use and enjoy the Charge HR. Was definitely worth the money for me.
  • clpensinger
    clpensinger Posts: 10 Member
    Count me in the group of Charge HR lovers! I wish the new Alta offered a heart rate monitor, it's so sleek & stylish! But no, not enough features for me, instead I look forward to the day when I can justify upgrading to a big clunky Blaze! :smile:
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    I also am glad I went ahead and got the charge hr.
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    ToffeeGirl_1878 Posts: 30 Member
    I had the Fitbit surge, now changed to the blaze. They are both very good. But found the surge a bit bulky on my wrist and the band was pretty wide too. With the blaze wrists bands can be changed to leather or metal aswel as the standard band. It's a lot slimmer and not as bulky. So a lot more comfortable to wear day and night. I love it.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    I recently upgraded from the fitbit one to the charge HR. It takes a bit of getting used to wearing something on the wrist but it's not bad. I had originally bought the Blaze but found it to be way to huge on my wrist even in the small size to I exchanged it for the charge HR. Happy with it so far. Should warn you though that either the blaze or charge hr don't have a long battery life compared to the fitbit one, need to charge every 3-4 days depending on settings which is much more frequently than the one.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    I have both the Fitbit One and the Charge HR. I like them both but I like the HR because of it's extra features. HR also tracks active minutes, continuous heart rate and has auto sleep tracking. You don't have to manually turn on the sleep function. It auto detects when you go to sleep.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    I have the Flex, and since I only really run or walk, it's great! But as I've gotten more serious about running and more curious about my heart rate, I've considered possibly upgrading to the HR when this one wears out. I've never paid my heart rate much mind before, but now I'm trying to make sure I'm continually pushing myself to improve and work harder, and heart rate seems like a solid metric of that. Maybe. I don't know, I'm kind of guessing, lol.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    I say Charge HR- Or any of the models that have a real, watch like band. I like my HR much more than my Flex.
  • TigerLilly03
    Thanks everyone for there input :) !!!! I have the one and its okay for just walking with me and since I need something on my wrist and I love walking and doing my workout DVDS like CIZE ect.. I will go with the HR.. now I know different places sell it like Target and Wal-mart and staples. now the question is where is it the cheapest? What color should I get? I'm gonna buy it when I hit my first goal weight! :)
  • Momsquillante
    Momsquillante Posts: 2 Member
    I got the HR for Christmas. Everything is great except for the HR! I'll be working out having a heart attack and my Fitbit HR will say my heartrate is at 105. I started wearing my heartrate moniter in addition to see what it says and the HR on the fitbit is awful. If I had to do it over again, I would look into a Vivo.
  • TigerLilly03
    What's a vivo? That sucks that you didn't have a good experience with it. I need to figure out witch one will be good for me
    I got the HR for Christmas. Everything is great except for the HR! I'll be working out having a heart attack and my Fitbit HR will say my heartrate is at 105. I started wearing my heartrate moniter in addition to see what it says and the HR on the fitbit is awful. If I had to do it over again, I would look into a Vivo.

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I got the charge HR for Christmas and love it. It shows me doing stairs when I'm doing exercise at home, which I don't exactly get but the hrm is very telling. I've seen my HR go upto the 160s and resting today at an all time low of 77. I also like how it tracks my sleep
  • MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member

Interesting that you have the problem, my HR is always within a few beats of my Polar (with a chest strap). Have you contacted fitbit customer support? They are usually really great with sending replacements if your unit is defective.
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    In the middle of a work out, the HR doesn't always give you an accurate read on HR. Especially high intensity, but for over all through the day averages, it's pretty dead on, because I bank on it and lose weight consistently with the whole 250 calorie deficit = .5lb loss per week. For weight loss and calorie tracking HR is good. For tracking your heart rate in high intensity work outs or weight lifting its not very helpful. But later it will give you a fair read for your workout. Look for coupons at Kohl's like 20% an item or something like that. Amazon is probably a good place to look as well. We recently got one for our son at a no name electronic store. We found a deal online and got it for $80! Got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon.
  • TigerLilly03
    In the middle of a work out, the HR doesn't always give you an accurate read on HR. Especially high intensity, but for over all through the day averages, it's pretty dead on, because I bank on it and lose weight consistently with the whole 250 calorie deficit = .5lb loss per week. For weight loss and calorie tracking HR is good. For tracking your heart rate in high intensity work outs or weight lifting its not very helpful. But later it will give you a fair read for your workout. Look for coupons at Kohl's like 20% an item or something like that. Amazon is probably a good place to look as well. We recently got one for our son at a no name electronic store. We found a deal online and got it for $80! Got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon.

Thanks