Depression + dieting

Options
katetots
katetots Posts: 35 Member
I have no reason to feel low at the moment, one or two problems but nothing much. Life is good.
Depression, my cold, dark, unwanted friend has decided rear its ugly head.
Anyone els struggle?

Replies

• jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi. Similar situation, message me
  • HollyCatLover
    HollyCatLover Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Problems may not seem like "nothing much" but they make us feel awful.
    Depression is sometimes unrelated to the real world happenings, it's dumb chemicals in our brains firing in the wrong way.
    We all struggle with the horrible whisperings in our brains. But they're not genuine.
    You're great. You can do it. Beat them.
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) I have Borderline Personality Disorder, I've battled low swings since puberty. (aka depression) If I'm diligent with better nutrition, getting in my exercise, and taking my supplements (multi, B complex, and fish oil) I can usually manage my mood swings pretty well. Fish oil is a pretty potent mood stabilizer and you feel the effects usually by the next day. B vitamins will help you focus and give you energy (not the jittery kind like caffeine). A good multi vitamin will help with anything you might be deficient in which helps your body work better and keep you more even keel. Also, 15 minutes of unfiltered sunlight usually helps quite a bit. It doesn't have to be all at once, you can do 5 minutes 3 times throughout the day if you're concerned with sunburn. Hope that helps! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • BillyBuffTing88
    BillyBuffTing88 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have "Aspergers", apparently. Whatever it is, I have depression, too, owing to the frustration I feel from having to be sociable, which is down to "Aspergers", so they say. Best thing to do is add me :wink:
  • BillyBuffTing88
    BillyBuffTing88 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Stay off the booze and drugs :blush:
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Just Say No?
  • katetots
    Options
    Hey, thanks all.
    I was nervous about posting but felt/hoped I would get a response.

Just started with the multi vit again but will get some fish oils in too. The sun light is going to be a hard on though here in north wales!

Will get round to adding now and thanks again
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am on zoloft to help me out. Seek help. It gets better if you seek treatment. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Feistycat wrote: »
    Just Say No?

Doesn't work that way.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Also look at your liver health and consider Source Natural's SAM-e. Not the Nature Made which did not help. Other one did. Ignore the Feistycat, who doesn't get it.
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have bad anxiety issues, and issues with my mood too. I have done for many many years. I have however successfully used my fitness pal since last august and met my goal weight at the end of January. I don't know how my anxiety issues have affected it, in all honestly it may have led to me feel a little obsessive over calories which is probably not healthy. I am working on it. I wish you the best of luck - I know how tough it can be!
  • PPug05
    PPug05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also dealing with depression and anxiety. Feel free to add me. I have added vit D and magnesium before bed. I am sleeping better, but haven't noticed much else. It is probably too soon to notice anything else.
  • kogome
    kogome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ayyyyy I have the same struggle. So many people think if you don't have a reason to be sad, your emotions aren't real and you just want attention. :( Feel free to add me if you want, it's a struggle but I believe in you
  • cgoldbronn
    cgoldbronn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Suffered from depression all my life. I played 4 sports in high school & 2 in college- so I got enough exercise and fresh air yet I was still depressed. Then I got a great therapist, a doctor who prescribed a low dosage anti-anxiety and continue to do some exercise. Overall, I'm much more content but I do have my days. There is hope.
  • katetots
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Good to know I'm not alone