Magic bullet or something else?

Options
I wanted to start making smoothies and was thinking of getting a magic bullet or something similiar. Not sure what to get but also want to stay under 100 dollars. I would like one that came with lids for the cups so I can take it with me to work.

Replies

• christinecoffeebean
    christinecoffeebean Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't know where you are but im in Australia and bought the NutriBullet 600w with all the cups and attachments for $100 off eBay, delivered
  • heavyheart02
    heavyheart02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i bought a nutribullet at Kohls with my discount and Kohls Cash it was a great bargain. Also avail at Amazon. Comes with 3 different sized cups with lids. I have used it 6 times. Perfect in every way.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I don't like my regular magic bullet. It's too weak. I love my ninja pulse. And I have the nutribullet, received it as a gift and have not tried it yet. I will be bringing it to work tomorrow and trying it out.

Also, if you're near a costco, it's going to be $20 off starting Thursday. It's $90 on their website for the nutribullet 900 deluxe, so it will be $70. Could be less in the stores. The deluxe comes with more pieces, 13, for the clubs.

Here's the link... http://www.costco.com/Nutribullet-Pro-900-Deluxe-Edition.product.100231314.html
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second Magic Bullet. Works great for protein powders. Not sure what it would be like for whole food blending. Cups are not that big.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just use a regular blender. Not really sure why you would need a unitasker for smoothies. This is what use. Makes great smoothies and salsa.

http://www.oster.com/blenders-and-juicers/kitchen-blenders/oster-precise-blend-200-blender---black/006832-000-NP0.html#start=10
  • hollowed78
    hollowed78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't recommend magic bullet they are great for a while. But once the rubber around the rotors goes they hardly move without lubricating the metal piece.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Smoothie construction just sounds like fun.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I just use a regular blender. Not really sure why you would need a unitasker for smoothies. This is what use. Makes great smoothies and salsa.

http://www.oster.com/blenders-and-juicers/kitchen-blenders/oster-precise-blend-200-blender---black/006832-000-NP0.html#start=10

Just because it seemed easier to maintain and just make in cup and go. I don't have a lot of time. And am always struggling to keep the kitchen clean.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about nutribullet and vitamix (that one is more expensive, but bigger). I do well with a regular blender. The main thing I look for is if it's easy to clean. I dislike when food gets trapped in small areas of the blade and I can't clean it out and bacteria can grow there.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My nutribullet was not very strong and could not do frozen food. I got a NutriNinja for Christmas and have used it every day for smoothies. Love it! Came from Kohls for around $90 with three cups and two lids with the blender base.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

Just because it seemed easier to maintain and just make in cup and go. I don't have a lot of time. And am always struggling to keep the kitchen clean.

I pour my drink in a cup and rinse the blender. Not a lot of effort.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    we got ours at sears in the clearance aisle six years ago and it still works great. Its called Magic Chef. I think its a sear brand knock off of magic bullet. I love mine and use it all the time. I just googled magic chef and didnt find it but a magic bullet for 49.99 at target did. Get one. you wont be sorry
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use my Magic Bullet quit a bit! I am on my second one, the first lasted several years. I love that it is so easy to use.. the unit is small, the blade cap that it uses is small so it's easily rinsed in sinks and then set aside. It takes up a very small footprint on the counter and fits under low cabinets.My smoothies are usually frozen fruit, almond milk, raw spinach and hemp powder and it blends smooth each time.
  • Lancerchick86
    Lancerchick86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion on the nutribullet, the magic bullet and others. You get what you pay for. The magic bullet is ok in the beginning, depending on what kind of smoothies you will be making, however, the motor goes fast on them. I also found the quality of the blend wasn't that great. The nutribullet is a little better than the magic bullet but still has the same problem with the motor eventually dying out. In my experience, the best product I could invest for myself and my family is the Ninja. It came with the blender, the food processor and the smoothie cups. It blends things perfectly and because of the blades and the positioning of the blades, it provides a great finished product that anyone can enjoy. If I could give anyone any advice when looking for a product like this is do your research. Everything has a pro and con but what would work better for you? I would suggest to anyone to save up the money then go an invest in a great quality product like the Ninja or the Vitamix. Good luck. :smile:
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion on the nutribullet, the magic bullet and others. You get what you pay for. The magic bullet is ok in the beginning, depending on what kind of smoothies you will be making, however, the motor goes fast on them. I also found the quality of the blend wasn't that great. The nutribullet is a little better than the magic bullet but still has the same problem with the motor eventually dying out. In my experience, the best product I could invest for myself and my family is the Ninja. It came with the blender, the food processor and the smoothie cups. It blends things perfectly and because of the blades and the positioning of the blades, it provides a great finished product that anyone can enjoy. If I could give anyone any advice when looking for a product like this is do your research. Everything has a pro and con but what would work better for you? I would suggest to anyone to save up the money then go an invest in a great quality product like the Ninja or the Vitamix. Good luck. :smile:

Thank you for this honest opinion. I appreciate it. That is why I posted on here, so see people's real experiences with these products. Thank you.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I agree about the Bullet working well in the beginning. I am on my third Magic Bullet. When they work, they're awesome. I love that I can just pop the cup off, rinse the blade, and be on my way. I make a smoothie almost every day, so I get a lot of use out of mine. And they go on sale a lot, so you can often get one for a good price. But eventually some part of it breaks and they all start to work less efficiently. I haven't tried anything else (besides a regular blender, but I found that to be inconvenient) but have heard good things about the Ninja; I will probably try that next.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Next time mention what you want to make in it.
    If green veggies mixed - you need to spend money.
    If protein powder with milk, a $15 mixer will do.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I like my Ninja Pro with single serve cups. Amazon has it for $110.00 delivered with prime. Has all the power I need, the single serve cup grinds coffee beans, the blender carafe holds and blends over 6 cups.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have heard positive reviews of the ninja. Prior to this I heard all negative reviews from people.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hollowed78 wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend magic bullet they are great for a while. But once the rubber around the rotors goes they hardly move without lubricating the metal piece.

The new model does away with that rubber. The whole blade mechanism has been redesigned. Much better then early models.