Getting back into things

vegas518
vegas518 Posts: 16 Member
Hey y'all. My name is Samantha and I'm 32. I started with MFP three years ago and did ok, but got complacent and just let it slide. I deleted the app and redownloaded it a few times since, but now I am serious. I was my heaviest weight ever as of October of last year and so far, I have dropped 27 pounds. I feel amazing. I still have a long way to go and definitely want to find a support system so please add me.

As far as what I've been doing, I've completely overhauled my eating habits. I was a fast food junkie eating out 4-5 times a week just because I didn't feel like cooking. I am so happy to say I have cut that down significantly. I do still go out for lunch or dinner from time to time, but I steer clear of fast food if I can help it. If I'm crunched for time and still need to swing through the drive thru, I try to make better choices. I have completely cut out soft drinks which was huge for me. I drink a ton of water and now I find that I crave it! It's refreshing. I try to get up and move as much as I can, but I don't really have a true exercise routine. I'm still getting into that.

I have also been using It Works products. I swear by the greens and thermofit. I also try and wrap once a week or so. And yes, the products really do work. :)

Anyway, add me! I'd love to gain support and offer mine in return. :)

Replies

• Stacy80651
    Stacy80651 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm new and reading you lost 27 POUNDS is fabulous! Good job girlie!!
  • vegas518
    Thank you!! It's definitely a learning experience. But I feel different this time. Like I really am serious about getting fit!
  • renevate
    renevate Posts: 15 Member
    Well done. I'm also back for my second time. I lost some weight and then started gaining for no reason (other than PCOS) and got despondent and gave up completely. I got angry when my Step MIL's gossip about how fat I was got back to me and thought, I'll show that ****, just who does she think she is, judging me?

So, back to it. It is still slow going because of the PCOS, but even incremental change is change for the best.
  • vegas518
    renevate wrote: »
    Well done. I'm also back for my second time. I lost some weight and then started gaining for no reason (other than PCOS) and got despondent and gave up completely. I got angry when my Step MIL's gossip about how fat I was got back to me and thought, I'll show that ****, just who does she think she is, judging me?

So, back to it. It is still slow going because of the PCOS, but even incremental change is change for the best.

Would it be ok if I added you?? I also have PCOS! It makes losing so difficult! And I am so sorry that she was saying those nasty things. You got this, girl!!
  • jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    hey I've been on and off of the bandwagon since 2012! Give me an add and we can stay ACTIVE in real life and on MFP
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    I too gave up and deleted my account but I'm turning 30 later this year and I'm working towards losing these 30-35lbs before than. Im just starting out again and could really use a couple friends!
  • renevate
    renevate Posts: 15 Member
    vegas518 wrote: »
    renevate wrote: »

Would it be ok if I added you?? I also have PCOS! It makes losing so difficult! And I am so sorry that she was saying those nasty things. You got this, girl!!

Thanks! It would be great to have a fellow PCOS sufferer on this journey :)