Need advice (female advice)

Options
abigailridler
abigailridler Posts: 27 Member
I have the worst menstral cramps... I've tried Advil and it doesn't work, I can't sit still long enough to have a heat pad on and running usually helps, but lately when I try to run I have excruciating back pain (from the cramps). Are there any other remedies for menstral cramps? Thank you.

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    There are heat pack wraps that stay warm for 8 hours, kinda goes around you like a belt. I use them for long car rides. Maybe try something like Midol or something that is intended to deal with menstrual problems. I never took anything like that, so I don't know if it helps. I noticed that my cramps lessened quite a bit after I switched from tampons to the Diva Cup.
  • 2much2bdun
    2much2bdun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Tylenol and ibuprofen together- one pill of each. That used to work for me when I had cramps, but they were never that bad! Now i dont have much cramping. Hope you feel better soon!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I sit in the sauna at the gym...Best relief!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I used to have the most horrible periods. They were long and didn't abide any kind of schedule, with bad cramps and heavy bleeding. The pain would wake me up at night. Midol did nothing (I was so disappointed!). 3-4 ibuprofen was the only way to help with the cramps and aches (back and head). However, the best thing I ever did for them was go on birth control. I almost never get cramps or aches now. It's amazing.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If it's THAT bad, you should tell your doctor. It's probably not normal.

Other than that, I recommend Midol and the fetal position.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I've found bananas really help my cramps. I have the back pain too and I can't find relief from that but at least I can calm the cramps down a bit to where it's bearable
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I used to have the most horrible periods. They were long and didn't abide any kind of schedule, with bad cramps and heavy bleeding. The pain would wake me up at night. Midol did nothing (I was so disappointed!). 3-4 ibuprofen was the only way to help with the cramps and aches (back and head). However, the best thing I ever did for them was go on birth control. I almost never get cramps or aches now. It's amazing.

I second the birth control pill if it's feasible for you to take it. (Meaning you're not trying to conceive and you aren't at medical risk)
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Is this just during this period? If so, I would talk to your doctor. Something might be wrong.
  • jennijune07
    jennijune07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea. If they are really bad, u can ask your OB/GYN about whether or not u have endometriosis, a painful condition affecting the tissues of your uterus. It can affect your chances of conceiving later in life.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking Aleve? 220mg 2 twice a day 2 days before you start may help.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    High CBD or close to a 50/50 CBD/THC ratio, depending on what state you're in ;)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I used Extra Strength Midol when they got bad and I just rested.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I 2nd Aleve. That *kitten* is great for cramps... Also I've personally found a little bit of caffeine can help a lot. Is your period always this painful? If so, I'd go get checked out. You could have an ovarian cyst or something
  • obedient670
    obedient670 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Naproxen or naprosyn. I think it's in Aleve. Works great.
  • Nessasworkouts
    Nessasworkouts Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Simple. Drink pickle juice it works for ALL cramps
  • iairbrushu2
    iairbrushu2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After having my child I began to have heavy bleeds and cramping. My OBGyn gave me an Rx for Ibuprofen 600 mg. It really help with both the cramps and heavy bleed.
    Talk to ur doctor.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have terrible cramps with back pain that puts me in what I refer to as the "batcave" (a dark cool bedroom away from everyone). If I can muster up the motivation, going to the gym and working out reduces the pain tremendously for several hours. It's always really hard to get going but I feel so much better afterwards.
  • abigailridler
    abigailridler Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm already on birth control... And I have talked to my doctor about everything. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. My OB said the bleeding and cramps should lighten up once I have a child, but I'm not even 18 yet so that's a long way off... Thank you all for the advice! I'll try some of it that I haven't already
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm already on birth control... And I have talked to my doctor about everything. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. My OB said the bleeding and cramps should lighten up once I have a child, but I'm not even 18 yet so that's a long way off... Thank you all for the advice! I'll try some of it that I haven't already

I know I'm not a woman but you should possibly talk to your doctor about switching birth control. They are not all universal for treating different ailments. Also if he diagnosed you with that, you should probably get a second opinion. There could be serious damage caused if not treated properly. I assume you want kids one day and that being left untreated could lead to you not being able to have them.