Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    oddball freak. hey, you asked!:smile:
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Is it just me? Do I have issues? LOL I cannot STAND the texture of Greek Yogurt. I dunno what it is, but the texture really bothers me. I LOOOVE yogurt, and I am so angry at myself for hating the texture of the Greek yogurt so much because it is so high in protein so I know it's a good choice, but OMG something about the texture really really bothers me... like... to the point of gagging. Am I the only alone oddball freak here?!?!:laugh:

Sweetie you're not alone. I have plenty of friends and family that feel the same way that you do. I like it, but I like it with some kind of fresh fruit too.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    there is a disorder that pertains to issues with certain texture foods. I cannot eat any yogurt or pudding. can't eat raspberries or blackberries. not even kd. I can eat yoplait thick and creamy yogurt however being that its a different texture.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt but personally think Greek Yogurt is just about the nastiest thing I've ever experienced. G-R-O-S-S!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    the only yogurt i eat is Greek Yogurt. ha ha :)
    i really really enjoy it. i think it tastes so much better than regular yogurt. much more creamy and substantial tasting :)
    but everyone is different, and greek yogurt is one of those foods that everyone has to agree to disagree on ha ha

<3 M
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you really want to eat it, try spreading flavored/fruit greek yogurt on a bagel like creak cheese.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    close your eyes and eat...........trust me, since I have put more protein in my diet, esp Greek Yogurt, Im dropping it off...........its your friend, believe me, lots of protein, and no bad chemicles..................Best wishes,
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Okay, as long as we're on the subject of foods/items we can't stand I'm weird because I HATE Wrigleys Spearmint Gum. It tastes like old people's breath smells. Reminds me of the nursing home I used to work in. LOL!
  • Anngetsfit
    Anngetsfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did not like it at the beginning, but I made myself eat it every morning for two weeks. Now regular yogart is really runny. Greek yogart is my go to food for breakfast.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Stick a load of nuts and some honey in it, yummy!
  • lindsaybutela
    Options
    I'll eat Greek yogurt, but it did take me a while to get used to the texture. One thing I can't force down is oatmeal! I've tried so many times, but I usually just end up gagging...gross! So no worries, everyone's different :-)
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    I have the same issue. Some people have told me that different brands taste better than others, but I haven't tried any more. I'm sticking to regular yogurt for now!
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I like yogurt as well, but greek yogurt even when flavored reminds me of a think think sour cream sauce like one would serve with meat. I'm sticking to yoplait light yogurt cause I get enough protien with a daily whey protien shake.
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I like the idea of using it on a thin bagel (if you don't mind the carbs)..
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have tried Greek yogurt several occasions (once with added granola) and I still can't stand it! It is gritty, chalky, and chokingly gross IN MY OPINION!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I couldn't stand the texture of regular yogurt. I started putting Grape Nuts cereal into it and that helped a lot. I eventually got to the point where I can eat regular yogurt and actually tried Greek yogurt a few weeks ago for the first time. Thankfully, it didn't bother me, but the lack of flavors does. I don't like strawberry flavored stuff :noway: and it seems that they all come in plain or strawberry and, if I'm lucky, blueberry.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    I've tried several different brands, and I've noticed a distinct difference between some of them. I cannot stand the Yoplait variety; I stick with either the generic brand at Trader Joes or Fresh and Easy, or one of the actual Greek yogurt manufacturers, like Voskos. So you might try it a few different ways. If you really just can't stand it, perhaps just using it as a base for a fruit smoothie is a good way to get the benefits whilst masking the taste/texture.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. You might try different varieties to see which one is less yucky to you. Yoplait is very thick much like their thick n creamy yogurt. Personally, I prefer Chobani because I like the taste, texture, and the 16gm of protein
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    All yogurt is gross to me