28 Almonds

Options
work_on_it
work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
Is deceptively small. Any good salty snack ideas?

Replies

• closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is not bad for a salty snack. If you use microwave popcorn, be sure to take a look at the fat content.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut is one of my favorite salty snacks.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You can make microwave popcorn in a plain brown bag, 1/4 cup kernels, fold over the top a couple of times. Microwave for a couple of minutes (2 minutes 30 seconds in mine). You can add toppings that you like. I use grated parmesan quite a bit, also like it with buffalo wing sauce sprinkled on.
    If you have extra calories available, melt 1 tsp of coconut oil and pour over the kernels and pop them. It adds a few calories, but is yummy with some coarse sea salt.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Goldfish are a good salty snack. My kids love them. They have lots of different flavors now. We like to mix them together in a ziploc bag. The serving size is about 55 fish/ 140 calories.
  • work_on_it
    Options
    You guys are the best. Thank you!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A little bag of Funyons is 100 calories.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Pickles! I also like pistachios. They have less calories than most other nuts and the shelling makes you slow down.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    spoonfull (or teaspoon if your female) of salt makes a killer salty snack

totally satisfies that savory craving
  • hunnykinsgirl20
    hunnykinsgirl20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I heard kale chips are good, you can add as much salt as you like. They are easy to make :o
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Most kinds of nuts work for me. Do not eat them that often but pork rinds are awesome in my experience.
  • work_on_it
    Options
    Pickles! I also like pistachios. They have less calories than most other nuts and the shelling makes you slow down.

Oooooh. I hadn't thought about pickles. That sounds good
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Cheddar and Sour Cream Baked Lays are my go to. Second choice is the 100 cal bags of microwave popcorn.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh, Moon Cheese is good too! It's basically just baked parmesan cheese. Super salty and satisfying. And low carb! You can probably make it yourself easily enough.