Stressed Student

Options
jan1208
jan1208 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all!
I'm in my final year of university, my last two months actually! I've really let myself go this past year constantly using the excuse of study stress and all those other dumb excuses.

I hadn't planned to write in the "Introduce Yourself" section, but I received a PM last night from someone saying "why are you on here you don't look like you need to lose weight"...perhaps I misunderstood their tone, but I woke up to a message that I interpreted as hurtful. I came here for support, I offered my support to others and yet I feel like I am not being welcomed. Judging someone by the profile photo is not okay. My photo is in fact old, I am not that small - you can only see my face anyway, and I still have a thin face! It was a happier time for me, so I use it as a reminder for where I want to be. No, I don't have as much to lose as others, but I'm still AT least about 40 pounds overweight and it does stop me from doing things I love!

I am happy to add people as friends, I'm very good at encouraging and being supportive - except of my own journey, so any help would be really welcome!
I may be quiet over the next few weeks as I sit my finals, but all summer I'll be on here daily and be very active!
Love and Light
Jan x

Replies

• pnelsonff
    pnelsonff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't ever let anyone bring you down!
  • J3ffthatcher
    J3ffthatcher Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Some people have a tendency to express their frustrations towards people they perceive as not having their problems. Doesn't make them bad people, just human. We all struggle so if you stay positive then you've done all you can. At least that's what I tell myself.
  • dbmeyers23
    dbmeyers23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    People can be so nasty online...ignore them!! Good luck!!
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    He prob saw it as a compliment because your pretty and he was tryna flirt. Tell him to eff off. I'll add u now. U can msg me anytime ☺️
  • 2Abeach
    2Abeach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan! Not only am I student, also finishing up school at Penn State, I am what they call a "non-traditional" student. Just a nice way of saying "older". That's okay, I will be done in August as I have 300 more internship hours to complete before graduating at 51 years old. I also have between 40-60 pounds to lose. The last 6 years have been spent more sedentary in classrooms and working on papers!!
    I have gained and lost several times and the older I get the more difficult it becomes. I hope to lose this finally and hope to avoid another knee surgery. I started here several years ago and hoping I succeed this time.
    I wish you the best!
  • kate_t_scott
    kate_t_scott Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Why are people so negative? Don't let them get you down!