Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What happens after 3 weeks?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The site makes a lot of unrealistic and unsubstantiated promises.

Judging by the huge amount of fake review sites and other gimmick links designed to make this diet look legitimate, someone has gone to a great deal of trouble to flood Google. This is a tactic to suppress negative information and drive traffic to their own site so they can sell you.

The whole thing looks like a scam operation.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    In three weeks you can lose up to 3 pounds of fat. If you aren't supposed to stick to it longer, or you can't see yourself sticking to it longer, I wouldn't bother starting.

If you aren't seeing expected results from what you are doing, check if your expectations are correct, and that you are doing what you think you are doing, and that you are measuring your progress correctly. In short - you can lose up to 1% of your body weight per week. Tighten up your logging - weigh everything and check entries. Weigh yourself daily, under same circumstances.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Hi someone on here sent me The 3 Week Diet link
    Anyone heard of it or done it ? Tia

Generally anything that someone "sends you" or is promoted via Facebook, Pinterest, or is arrived at through a clickbait link and filled with infographics is not something that is going to provide long term sustainable results. Particularly if there is a time bound reference in the name...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    What is this diet plan going to provide for you that logging, consistency, and exercising isn't already doing?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Erm... 3 lbs I 3 weeks can be done with a 500 kcal restriction without paying any extra money. That's roughly 1 chocolate pudding less per day.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    What @LoraF83 said, a run of the mill self managed calorie deficit is the only diet you'll ever need and it won't cost you a penny. Diets that promise quick weight loss are usually followed by even quicker weight increase when you're done with it.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sounds like one of those 'Give us your money for 3 weeks' plans....
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the "lifestyle change for life" plan. It involves using MFP, logging accurately and daily, and also wearing a Fitbit. I've had great results and its so so easy.

Also, what happens after 3 weeks?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Lol actually a member sent me the link I'm happy doing this I was shocked he was allowed
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Youve got 'three weeks' on the brain. Lose that mentality and stick with eating in a deficit. It's not going to be quick & catchy.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Lol actually a member sent me the link I'm happy doing this I was shocked he was allowed

People aren't Vetted they can do what they want....its up to us to report them and do our own research
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I just went and looked at it. I've got a better deal for you.... for only $25, ( that one is on special for $27) I will tell you how I've lost over 70+ and kept it off for over 3 years. J/K!!! I have spent exactly $0 on a special "diet" and all by CICO -- period, end of sentence..... And it isn't 3 weeks, it is for life! You, too, can change your life, turn back the clock (again j/k), feel better, work harder, sleep sounder, run farther and faster, breathe better and just all around look better for Nothing!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The site makes a lot of unrealistic and unsubstantiated promises.

Judging by the huge amount of fake review sites and other gimmick links designed to make this diet look legitimate, someone has gone to a great deal of trouble to flood Google. This is a tactic to suppress negative information and drive traffic to their own site so they can sell you.

The whole thing looks like a scam operation.

This.

Why bother with something that's going to take your money with no sustainable results? It's a fad.

Stop looking for quick results. The weight didn't pile on overnight, so why would it fall off fast?

Use myfitnesspal. You're here already....
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »

People aren't Vetted they can do what they want....its up to us to report them and do our own research

Woo calm down why are people so aggressive
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »

Woo calm down why are people so aggressive

How on earth was that aggressive?

Simple fact. You didn't know why someone would be allowed to send you spam, pootle1972 explained that anyone can join MFP and if they break rules need reported. Not aggressive at all.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've never heard of it. What I try to remember for myself is that this is a lifestyle change that I am making for myself and it's not some race to the end. If you want to keep the weight off later on then you have to get your life changed around and make it changes that actually are reasonable and easily attainable.

Good luck to you!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of this one. Many moons ago when I tried to find a "quick" fix, I tried the 3 day diet, cabbage soup diet (blah); 7 day diet; etc. Each time if I could actually stick to it, I lost but gained it back within a day or two of eating regular. May have to google this one. Good luck!