I need some support.

Options
So I have to go to a rehearsal dinner for a wedding tomorrow night and they are having my former favorite seven words: All you can eat pizza and beer. I know that sounds a little WT but its not my wedding. I cant just get a salad or something and I know I AM NOT going to drink any beer or pop but I really want a bunch of pizza. I know you are going to say 'have some just control your portions' but when it comes to pizza I just cant control myself.

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Eat before so you'll only be able to have a peice if anything
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    Listen, I'm probably going to get slammed by telling you this. Eat all the pizza you want. No beer though - I don't know about you but if I'm going to eat outside my diet I'd rather blow the calories on food. Just drink plenty of water before and after - there's only so much pizza you can eat. You'll be fine. Have fun!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go could be an option. And hopefully they have other things that you could munch on out of being polite there too. Just stay away from the pizza. With my weakness food I just avoid them at all cost because I know that there is no control with moderation. And drink lots of water while you are there too, that will help.
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eat a cucumber or some other veggie just before you leave. It will fill you up quite a bit but will allow you to have a couple of slices of pizza to satify your craving.

I think a beer or two is no big deal either. Any lite beer is less than 100 calories. Drink a glass of water in between beers to help fill you up. Something I also do is carry the sugar free individual drink mixes to add to my water because I'm not a big aqua gal myself ither :P

If you overdo it, no big deal. Just adjust your meals the next day to make up for the added food.

Good Luck!
  • pratkovic
    pratkovic Posts: 55
    Options
    I would have the same trouble. I can suggest what I do when I know I am going to be around food I love. 1) Eat before you go (even if you eat a salad there) 2) drink lots of water. It is not a fool proof resolution but the water cuts that salivating tongue looking at pizza. I promise!

Oh and 3) Pray!
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    Sounds like a fun party. I love pizza too. It's hard for me to not eat it until I'm stuffed. Saying to have self-control is like telling me to fly. It's hard. I just try to remind myself of the end result. You can splurge every now and then, but get right back on your plan. Also, eat until you're full, not suffed. That's what's been hard for me. I've noticed that when I eat until I'm stuffed, I don't feel good at all anymore.
    Enjoy the wedding and the next day, get back on track.
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    If it were me it would go down 1 of 2 ways with the pizza....1. I would protien myself up first so I couldn't eat much or 2. Check my calories and see how I've been doing for the week and if I had time to make it up I would eat what I wanted, track it and then try to make it up the best I could. Life is short and 1 night isn't the end of the world. The beer would be no problem because I don't drink.
  • SheleL
    SheleL Posts: 2
    Options
    That's what I was going to say...make yourself a basic sandwich (not a lot of extras like cheese and mayo, etc..) with veggies (lettuce & tomato if you like em) and have a big salad (easy on the dressing). That way you have enough "healthy" food in your stomach before you go and then you can have 2 or 3 pieces of pizza and you will feel really full by that 3rd piece of pizza. I just did this last night :) it really helps, pizza will fill you up quickly if there's something already in your stomach :)
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, even if you eat before you go, you're still going to give in. I've had discussions with my friends that I am not able to go out to social occasions, bars, parties, etc for at least the summer - possibly longer - because that whole "just say no" thing DOES NOT WORK for me. So. That being said. I suggest you try to adjust your meals for the day leading up to this by cutting out anything extra you can, minimize your sodium intake the day before if you can, drink lots and lots of water right before you eat, during the meal and after. You can only eat so much pizza, and pizza only weighs so much, and that weight and the sodium will go through you within a couple days as long as you drink lots of water.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just get right back on track.
  • lda515
    lda515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might find it's not about the pizza, it's about the interaction. You should get a piece of pizza, then proceed to make sure you talk to everyone in the room befor consuming it. If you have pizza on your plate, no one will try to get to to have another slice. You can always say you will try that one next if someone insist. At the end of the night, you will have had something you enjoy and you will have visted with everyone there. Try to stick to the margarite or a fontina cheese with sundried tomatoes. Taste great, less calories.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. I get up from my desk and come back and I have eleven replies. I will take your advice and have a big salad when I get there and maybe a slice or two. I have been trying (and doing) to eat most of my calories at breakfast so I will still have a big breakfast and just have a slice or two of thin crust cheese.

Thanks again for the support. Ill be thinking about all of your great advice during my greasefest.
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I had pizza last night. I just took the calories into consideration and counted them. I did a long workout to help with the calories.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Eat a cucumber or some other veggie just before you leave. It will fill you up quite a bit but will allow you to have a couple of slices of pizza to satify your craving.

I think a beer or two is no big deal either. Any lite beer is less than 100 calories. Drink a glass of water in between beers to help fill you up. Something I also do is carry the sugar free individual drink mixes to add to my water because I'm not a big aqua gal myself ither :P

If you overdo it, no big deal. Just adjust your meals the next day to make up for the added food.

Good Luck!

Eat a cucumber?
  • StixFight
    StixFight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For every slice you desire to consume, make a deal to drink 2 8oz cups of water right after before moving on to the next one...I guarantee it will limit ur intake :)
  • TeMpi
    TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's healthy for the progress of sustained weight loss to have approximately one cheat meal per week in which your calorie intake shoots higher than all the other regular meals you consume. The reason for this is because if average calorie intake is drastically lowered your body will basically go into "survival mode" and begin storing more and more of your calories instead of burning them. The one cheat meal a week keeps your body's self-defense mechanism at bay and will keep your weight loss as close as it can be to the first week you started dieting and exercising.

My recommendation is if you don't have a day out of your week already in which you eat one cheat meal start with this party.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ok; so the fiance and I split a 13" cheese and light sauce pizza along with a side salad with light italian dressing. I also had about (no ****) fifteen glasses of water. NO BEER.
  • TeMpi
    TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You take my advice on the cheat meal?
  • JamiroJunior
    JamiroJunior Posts: 139
    Options
    Eat a starch (carbohydrates, like white rice) before and you'll be pretty full, and maybe have one or two pieces...