Running.....I don't, cause you know....boobs

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Kristie354 wrote: »
    Yes ladies after much thought and some googling the solution seems to be more bras that fit tighter and hold them puppies in.

Bra shopping I go ;)

A lot of bras now have a general description of level of support relative to activity. Look for one that says it for very active sports. Also, I know it's a pain, but I have found that sports bras with underwire tend to be the best fitted and most supportive for high energy activity like running and jumping.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the good bras cost at least $50 a piece, but THEY WORK!! Champion makes the highest impact, most amazing sports bra I have found. You can order your size online through academy sports or other stores b/c they won't have it in the store. I have several and i'll never wear another brand or style. Amazing!!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Enell bras. Changed my life. Pricy, but worth it. Designed for the full (and fuller) busted. Their sizing system works such that one size will fit through 2 or 3 conventional sizes, while giving bullet proof support through your changing bust. So really, a $70USD bra lasts 3 times longer than a $30 one.
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies. Great information!!

#tamingthetitties #bustygirls #foundmypeople lol
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love your humour!

This was my biggest concern taking up running also and I tried a variety of brands which were either useless for actual support or gave me this horrible pointy shape which I hated. For the last two years I have been wearing Panache Wired Sports Bras and they are AMAZING. The claim is that they reduce bounce by up to 83%, I can't say if that's true for definite but I tried a lot of star jumps and they definitely have significantly less bounce. They are £40 which I think is about 75 AUD but honestly they are totally worth it. They strap you right in and cover the whole boob area (what's with the ones that leave half hanging out?!). They are also designed with individual sections for each boob so you don't have the whole mono-boob going on but still give you a nice pert rounded shape that doesn't make you look like you have Madonna-esque cones. I'm sure I read somewhere bras should be replaced every 6 months so even if you could invest in one and you end up losing weight, it will need replaced anyway. You could also measure and order one so that it fits on the loosest hook, that way you have room to tighten it when you need it. I get the Panache bras from a shop called Bravissimo, they are UK but their website has international delivery. Sorry realise I have gone on a bit here, not a sales representative or anything just a fan and it's not everyday I get to discuss! I can see there are some other brand recommendations so maybe just check out them all and see what one you like the look of best.

If that really is just too expensive an option, I would also second the doubling up/compression method though personally I get very warm very quickly and the added layers wouldn't help!
  • kkiewra2
    kkiewra2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a sports bra with an underwire (i got some on sale from victoria secrets, and some champion brand ones which I think they don't make any more - they are rare but you can find them without necessarily going for the $90 brands) and your standard stretchy sports bra on top - from old navy, target, whatever. Works for me! When I run for a long distance, like an hour or more, sometimes my shoulders hurt but like, so does everything else, so who cares? :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Panache and Freya both make sports bras in your size that I have had great success with
  • Valpinglow
    Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm having a real challenge finding a good bra to start running with because of some rotator cuff (shoulder) issues. Yesterday I tried to try on a sports bra and got stuck. It was around my shoulders and I couldn't get it off without causing significant shoulder pain. I finally wiggled free but was real close to yelling for help.

Can anyone recommend a good front-close for 42C?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Kristie354 wrote: »
    Thanks so much ladies. Great information!!

#tamingthetitties #bustygirls #foundmypeople lol

lol. your making me chuckle. i remember starting out and not being able to do jumping jacks until i purchased my panache sports bra. the struggle is real.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    I love your humour!

This was my biggest concern taking up running also and I tried a variety of brands which were either useless for actual support or gave me this horrible pointy shape which I hated. For the last two years I have been wearing Panache Wired Sports Bras and they are AMAZING. The claim is that they reduce bounce by up to 83%, I can't say if that's true for definite but I tried a lot of star jumps and they definitely have significantly less bounce. They are £40 which I think is about 75 AUD but honestly they are totally worth it. They strap you right in and cover the whole boob area (what's with the ones that leave half hanging out?!). They are also designed with individual sections for each boob so you don't have the whole mono-boob going on but still give you a nice pert rounded shape that doesn't make you look like you have Madonna-esque cones. I'm sure I read somewhere bras should be replaced every 6 months so even if you could invest in one and you end up losing weight, it will need replaced anyway. You could also measure and order one so that it fits on the loosest hook, that way you have room to tighten it when you need it. I get the Panache bras from a shop called Bravissimo, they are UK but their website has international delivery. Sorry realise I have gone on a bit here, not a sales representative or anything just a fan and it's not everyday I get to discuss! I can see there are some other brand recommendations so maybe just check out them all and see what one you like the look of best.

If that really is just too expensive an option, I would also second the doubling up/compression method though personally I get very warm very quickly and the added layers wouldn't help!
    Becca_250 wrote: »
    I love your humour!

yes i shop at bravissimo. never have a problem getting my size. i brought my two panache sports bra from their plus get my regular bras there too. sale is on at the mo.
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes! I could never do anything because of my 34F boobs! Besides regular cardio I also ride horses English jumping hunter. That's a lot of trotting and it does not look good with big boobs! I used to wear several bras each progressively getting smaller to kind of find it to my body it was horrible. I discovered the enell bra. I think I read about it on Oprah. It's magnificent! It's not pretty but I get zero bounce. Again zero bounce! They have two different styles and the heavy duty one I wear for high impact cardio or horse riding and the light version I wear for walking or lighter exercise. I recommend finding a store that sells them and finding the size that is right for you. And then I bought my size on eBay. Sometimes the size is a little off on them but it's a lot cheaper if the budget is an issue.but you definitely have to try on different sizes and it's a matter of how much bounce you're willing to work with because I get them fairly tight and I'm basically found myself in but I get no bounce at all on a horse and I love it. It's not something I would wear all day. The light version I would wear all day!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Haha! You crack me up. I have the opposite problem and have no boobs. I've always wanted to at LEAST fill out an A cup. :smiley: But the other day I actually went running without a bra and I realized, "How many women can do this?" Learning to love the body God gave me.

Tame those mammas, but be grateful for what you have!
  • tatersalad80
    tatersalad80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a 34F.
    I just gave up on running any significant distances after I started noticing the stares and the strange men lurking around my treadmill in the far corner of the gym. For me, I have found many other calorie burning alternatives.
    Big believer in weights!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    "Tame the titties"', thanks for the laugh. I'm not a runner for the same reason. I'm in for the replies, I'd like a good bra that doesn't give me the uniboob look. I've tried wearing 2 bras at a time, nope. I've tried underwires, nope. I'm waiting to reach goal weight to have a reduction. I really want to know what it's like to go braless. I'm talking an A cup.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Being from the UK your sizes don't mean anything to me, but I know a fair few "well endowed" female runners and they do okay with actually wearing two sports bras at once.

This is what I do, two cheapo sports bras from Target. One is in a larger size (so it is looser) and that goes underneath, then a smaller size on top, so that it's cutting into the bra beneath it and not my skin. But I have heard good things about all the brands being recommended, I am just lazy/cheap. I find I have to disregard the size guidelines and get ones that are smaller than it thinks I should for my size so that everything is locked in.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    Hahaha lovin the replies ladies #tamethetitties has to take off now right?

I like the sound of all the replies. So jealous @mom23mangos running with no bra? What a show off haha I haven't done that since I was 10 lol

@tatersalad80 don't stop doing because someone is staring!! Stare at their crotch, look away and laugh. They won't hang around anymore
  • Kristie354
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @elgrif37 I ride too. Just about have to strap them in. Flying all over the place lol
  • Kristie354
    Options
    I'm posting so many replies because it's only posting the first couple of lines of every post.

If anyone's looking for friends add me. Im all about the support lol (pun intended)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i am a 34 DDD (american) and honestly i gotta double up most of thr time