Busy Moms work out when???

Options
aduck2016
aduck2016 Posts: 26 Member
I can't seem to fit exercise in regularly!

Replies

• Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Between my commute and work hours I am out of the house from 6:45AM-7PM. I work out at 4am before waking my 5 year old up to get ready. I am tired, but I feel better when I get my morning workout in!
  • Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My workouts include: housework, mowing, walking the dog, going to classes, etc. I have time for actual workouts when my son goes with his father for visitation during the summer.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have 4 young kids and I work in the evenings. I work out during the baby's nap time in the basement while the middle ones watch tv! It basically cuts into the time I should be cleaning but I made the decision that exercise is more important than a clean house. ;)
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I get up @ 5am and do it, while the children are sleeping.
  • Sophialayton
    Sophialayton Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do excercise videos and lots of walking. My 1 and 3 year old join in :-)
  • jh5377
    jh5377 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have found doing 100 squats,20 burpees and arm workouts to music in my room seem to work once they have gone to bed. takes about 15 minutes but its working and 1200 calories diet. i seem to be looking heaps better.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I imagine they make time just like Busy Dads do.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I do it late at night when the house is quiet and everyone is asleep. I shut the TV off and throw on a Youtube vid. If you have an 30mins to an hour to watch your favorite show then you have time to workout.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    There is always time if you truly want to work out.
  • deannaelaine1993
    deannaelaine1993 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a busy mom but yoga and work out DVDs aren't very effective when my son is trying to climb on me the entire time so on nice days we'll go outside and play soccer. Running around tires us both out and you get play time in. I don't know how old or how many kids you have but my son is three and thinks it's hilarious when I do my squats holding him lol. You could also have a "dance party"
  • yvonnedrobert
    yvonnedrobert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas, whatever works to get your body moving! If you aim to get in 15 min a day and stay consistent, it should help you achieve a habit. Keep at it!!
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I own my own business, am taking a class, have two special needs boys and have other stuff going on. When my doctor told my husband And I that I had to lose weight, we took it serious and we make it a priority. I am fortunate enough that when I am not seeing clients during the day, I can hit the gym then. I also go at night and on weekends. Everyone know this is a top priority and I have a lot of family support around it. Also, going to the gym, I just feel better so I want to be there so it is a priority for me for myself. I go whenever I can squeeze an a hour or so.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym directly after work. Dinner can wait an hour. Where there is a will there's a way.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I go 4 to 530pm they have a kids club for my daughter. On soccer days 6 to 7pm
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm up at 530 to do t25, I work from 730 am to 6 pm, go home, cook dinner, walk the dogs for an hour, and then get homework in as I go to school full time as well (edit: All online classes through EWU). I basically don't watch TV until summer break when I don't have class. If it's important to you, you will make time. Incorporate your children, it's important for them to see you building this habit!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I either go to the gym at 8 am before work. Or during tax time when I have to be at work at 8 and can't hit the gym, I workout at home at 9:30 pm, or whenever the kids go to sleep. No more TV time, since I have to do the cooking and laundry right after work now. But it all gets done!
  • aduck2016
    aduck2016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Not feeling guilty about making myself a priority might help haha...I'll miss you Netflix...
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    My workouts include: housework, mowing, walking the dog, going to classes, etc. I have time for actual workouts when my son goes with his father for visitation during the summer.

When does he get out?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    M/W/F, I drop the kids off at school at 7am (I make them go to before school tutoring), then hit the gym before work (weights). It's across the street from work, so I usually get to work around 8:15-8:30. Work through my lunch so I can leave by 5.

T/Th, my husband and I do 20 minute HIIT running while the kids get ready for school. I stay after work on Tuesdays for Yoga from 5-6.

Sa, I do 20 min HIIT while my son is at his aerial arts class.

On days that my husband is off/working from home and during the summer when I don't have to get the kids off to school, I leave extra early and bike to work (16 mi round trip).
  • marissam08
    marissam08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I take my 9 month in the stroller with me 1 hour of walking/jogging, after droppin off the older ones to school.