WELL HELLO THERE!

Options
I'm new to the site and excited about the transformation into healthier habits! Any helpful tips?

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Be true to yourself. Stay on a routine. Don't half do it, go all the way.
  • Dutch806
    Dutch806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new also. Watch your water and learn what your food is worth. At least that is what I learned the first week. Of course I knew sausage, my weakness, wasn't good but I had no idea it was that bad!!! Now I add fruit and egg whites and eat my sausage when I get it....very......slowly. Welcome aboard.:happy:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Log on everyday. If you can log foods in before you eat them that way you can see if you can make a healthier choice before you make a bad one.
    Educate yourself about healthy foods. Lower carb Whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, Lean meats and fish. Buy a food scale and get familiar with portion sizes. Good luck.
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    This place is great for motivation (and there's no pressure here, which is one of the main reasons why i love this site). I'm very new, too, days new.

Advice? Find fun activities you enjoy. Experiment, find your niche. I prefer higher intensity workouts , currently using P90X (Lean, which is the easiest, I think, haven't tried the Classic program. Maybe on the next one. )

Remember what you eat determines a lot of your success. There's plenty of recipes I can send you, if you like.

If you ever need anything, advice, vent, support, it's all just a post away, really. :smile:
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! I have found this site to be AWESOME!! Use the tools everyday to log your food and any exercise you do. Post any questions you have. You'll get different opinions & remember, what works for one person may not always work for you.. I'm a perfect example b/c I am insulin resistant and what it takes for a "normal" person to lose 5 pounds, I might only lose 2. It's up to you who you send friend requests to, just remember we're all here for the same reasons. Some of us have more to lose, some less but the ultimate goal is to get healthy! Good luck on your journey! :wink:
  • 916SAC
    916SAC Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome -

This place is great because of the motivation - I am a newbie as well, but what I have learned so far (in my own experience) is, the hardest thing is "NOT" my work outs, the hardest thing is getting my *kitten* to do them.