Options

Replies

• adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    SW : 205lbs
    CW: 163lbs
    GW : 150 lbs

People close to me started noticing after 7lbs (so after the first week ...) but I got the 'Holy cow what happened?' and the more universal notice after 25lbs. Received quite a few 'you should stop' comments lately but I want to get to my goal weigh, so still 13lbs to go.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW:199.4
    CW:183.4
    GW:150

People just started noticing within the last week, so at around the 184 mark (or 15 lbs lost).
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight - 87Kg
    Current Weight - 75Kg
    Goal Weight - 60 to 65Kg

I had a couple of comments about a month ago - so at around 78 Kg (9Kg lost) but the comments have been coming much more frequently over the last week or so (12Kg lost)

Previously I had lost a similar amount, and nobody truly noticed - or didn't comment. I think the exercise and keeping within macros (protein!) is really helping to make it more visible this time around.

Also think I am more confident (as I'm older and this time I know I'm losing this weight for the last time - no going back) so that confidence may be helping my posture and "projecting" the change for others to see. I also recently bought a couple of tighter fitting clothes to replace the very baggy things I used to wear, which may also help to show of the recent changes.
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sw 310 (pre mfp)
    Gw 130
    Cw 172

I only recently started receiving comments from people. I think they started around 190 lbs. Although my MIL noticed right away, makes me sad because I think she is jealous of my loss :| she won't stop bringing it up and making off-hand comments.
  • bibibubu1998
    bibibubu1998 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW:156 lbs
    CW: 134 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs

I'm 5'5'' and people started noticing when I had lost about 15-17lbs
  • Rach_B_81
    Rach_B_81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    SW: 175
    CW: 122
    GW: 110
    I'm 4' 10" and some people noticed after about 35-40. Now people comment after 50. In the last week I've had 5 people say "you look different". Not you lost weight but look different hah. Weight comments are so taboo!
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had 2 friends notice and really were shocked at how different I look (have lost 20 lbs and 5 ft tall) I have lost 8 inches off my hips, 6 off my waist - its very noticeable.

Everyone else - nothing. Like I think they notice but say nothing. I think they don't say something as it then points to the fact that I was heavy??
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5"

SW: 270
    CW: 238

My friends started to notice at around 20 lbs. My classmates and acquaintances started to notice at 25 lbs I didn't notice until closer to 30 lbs.
  • knitstricken
    knitstricken Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mikkara wrote: »
    I am 5"5" and started my weight loss journey at 270, five weeks ago. I am currently 255. My first goal is to reach 225, then 200, maintain for 6 mos or so, then final goal to 165. I expect this will take two years or more. Not discouraged looking at the amount of weight I need to lose. I'm older, not in terrific health, and just trying my best!

SW: 300.8 (then a 4lb gain, so maybe actually 305)
    CW: 281
    GW: 150

I really love what the quoted poster is saying. I'm of the same mindset and I wish her all the best! I'm 5'7" and 48 years old. Family members are noticing that I'm looking a bit "different". My pants definitely feel looser, but I'm still not sure how much change I'm seeing, even in pictures. HOWEVER, at day 47 my pain level has dramatically decreased and my energy level has dramatically increased. I'm looking forward to more improvements as time goes by!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm about 25 lbs down and only a close friend and my parents have mentioned it. I did have a lot of people telling me I looked good or would comment on my hair or something else, which I take as them noticing but not being sure/wanting to mention my weight. I'm also 5'9" so I expect it'll be a little longer til it really becomes noticeable.

SW:271
    CW: 246.5
    GW: 169
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Male 5'10"
    SW 367
    CW 318
    People started commenting around 40 lbs, so pretty recently. It was mostly because my face is less puffy
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 189
    CW: 175.5
    GW: 130
    5'6"

For me people tend to notice quicker because my stomach always shrinks first. I started noticing at 10lbs as did my SO. My mom noticed when she saw me when I went home for vacation and she and her boyfriend went on and on about how much better I look.

However I agree with the above comments that weight comments are taboo! I mentioned off hand at work that losing weight allowed me to sit more comfortably and it was almost like they had been waiting for me to mention it because they were like "Yeah I noticed you look thinner! How much have you lost?!" and stuff like that. I think most people sort of wait for permission.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    SW:228
    CW: 176

I was between 20-25 lbs down before anyone noticed.
  • chastityb5
    chastityb5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5
    Sw-194
    Cw-162
    Gw-145
    People started to notice my weightloss around 20lbs , im loving it !
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    SW: +330
    CW: 301
    GW: ??145 would put at normal BMI?
    Height: 5'4"

No one has said anything yet except when I was only about 10lbs down someone that I see for work about twice a year mentioned something, which was kind of weird. I am actually dreading people to start commenting, I think it's awkward and I don't like attention. I fit some pants comfortably now that I wouldn't have worn 4 months ago.
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im 5;2 Started at 234 now I am 206. People are only just now starting to comment on it. First goal weight is to get under 200, then to make it to 150, then to 130 and maintain.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've lost approaching 30lb and people are really starting to notice, although I still am 224 lb and by no means narrow. GW is about 145. Height is 5 ft 7 inches.
    A work colleague said I was "wasting away" and a close friend said, "goodness, you're melting away" . They asked how I do it and I tell them, and they don't look surprised. My mum sees the difference and so does DH. I see the difference but still feel big. When I sit on the underground train I no longer touch both seat arms with my body, and I now need a belt!
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you all really appreciate all the responses :)
  • uppie66
    uppie66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Start weight 230 pounds
    Current weight 167 pounds
    Goal weight 160 pounds..iv been on mfp since feb2015..feel really good got 7 moreppounds to loose
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!