Candida Diet - Looking for Recipes

Options
Ninetta
Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
Hi Everyone,

My Homeopath (first visit) has put me on the Candida Diet to balance out my acidic and alkaline levels that are causing a few issues.

Now I know I can get pretty creative with food but I also know I can get stuck in a rut sometimes when I just don't have the time to experiment.

I'm wondering if any of you out there that have been on the Candida Diet can tell me about some of your favotie recipes.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Replies

• Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    Bump.... I want to watch replies to this as my sister and I are considering the candida diet as well.
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wow, this is not looking good.
  • 2009public
    Options
    No grains. No fruit. No dairy. Lots of veggies and lean protein with healthy fats.

4egg whites sautéed with coconut oil and (frozen mixed) bell peppers &onion. Topped with one sliced raw garlic clove &salsa with no vinegar used to make the salsa.

Vega whole food health optimizer mixed with water or unsweetened almond milk.

Chipotle's chicken bowl: greens, mixed peppers, chicken, guacamole, little bit of black beans and pico.

Hope to help.

Mary
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the candida diet but I just finished a salad with a home made dressing I thought was pretty good. It needs work but the base was...

2 tbsp raw almond butter (salt & sugar free)
    1 minced garlic clove
    2 tsp minced ginger
    juice from one lemon
    sea salt to taste

I might try thinning it out a bit with some Olive Oil next time and maybe try a version with tahini instead of almond butter some time. I ate this on top of mixed greens with red bell pepper, radishes, cucumber & broccoli.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Found these sites that have some good looking recipes...

http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/

http://www.mariahealth.blogspot.com
    (already made the healing bread from here - pretty good. not real bread but it's nice to have something besides meat & veg)