Lunch OR Dinner

Options
Its is true eating a smaller dinner and bigger lunch will help to increase your metabolism and loose weight?

Replies

• freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think part of why the smaller dinner/larger lunch thing works is because you expend a lot more calories during the day when you're active -- generally people are less active after dinner. Therefore, you take in the calories when you need the energy, and you take in less calories before you sit on the couch for the evening. ;)
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is true however I usually have a slim fast for breakfast then a bigger lunch then I'm not as hungry by dinner and this has been working out for me. Not that I had it mapped out this way but I'm just usually hungover at lunch.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    There are many factors that go into the making of a myth that many people believe...but that doesn't make the composite myth true.

I lose weight eating larger lunches than dinners, not because lunch is bigger which raises my metabolism (which is false) but because I am not hungry enough later on to munch on a bunch of calories. Plus my dinner is mainly protein which decreases my appetite helping me eat fewer calories then as well.

However, people who eat larger dinners than lunches also lose weight, so it makes no difference.
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think the saying is that you eat breakfast like a King lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper which is apparently how they do it in europe lol but I agree with freckledLeanne that I think it really has to do with taking in the calories when you need them most. Like if you work nights I wouldn't eat a light supper because you need the energy for work but if your just going to hang out and watch tv or read then I wouldn't eat something rich in calories.