Intermittent fasting and coffee in the morning

Options
Huera629
Huera629 Posts: 12 Member
Hello... This is my first post, I apologize if I do it wrong...

I have been doing IF with CiCo for about 5 weeks now. Everything is going great except I'm really tired in the mornings. I usually wait until about 10am to have my small cup of coffee with powder creamer and 1 splenda. Do you think it's ok to have my coffee earlier or am I hindering my fast?

Thanks!

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have coffee every morning. Most days I do Iced Coffee with whole milk (24oz coffee, 8oz milk). It doesn't seem to be an issue as it doesn't affect my hunger levels, though, technically it is breaking fast.

I also sometimes do Bulletproof Coffee which is hot coffee blended with unsalted butter and MCT/Coconut oil. Sounds gross, but it is actually really good. The purists say this isn't breaking fast because the only calories you are consuming are coming from fat. However you need to sleep at night I guess LOL
  • Huera629
    Options
    Thanks for your reply... My coffee has under 30 calories so hopefully Ill be ok.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Research BulletProof Coffee! Now we're talking!
  • Naomi852021
    Naomi852021 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

So how are you doing intermittent fasting? How often ? I'm interested in this. I sometimes don't eat anything all day and then have a meal in the evening.

Thanks !
  • Huera629
    Options
    Hi... I eat between 12 noon and 8pm. I fast from 8pm to 12 noon. I have coffee around 10am but its only like 25 calories so i hope im not breaking my fast! I really like it so far. I havent been too hungry in the mornings and this way i get a more satisfying lunch or dinner!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @agiovanniello662 and @Aliciaposada here is a good intermittent fasting group with lots of tagged research

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

Swing by and check it out if you are interested.
  • Huera629
    Options
    Thanks!