It's a good day when you have two NSV's in one day!

Options
dragonflydi
dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
And both took place at the gym :)

#1 - I had just changed into my workout clothes when the massage therapist that works at my gym (who, ironically, I've actually known since I was 12) walks in and says "Wow. I have to say that I am so impressed by the transformation you've taken on over the past couple of months (that was when I started focusing less on the scale numbers and more on body composition). I noticed it yesterday and again just now. You are TINY!"

OK, so I have been called LOTS of things (some I'm sure I don't even want to know), but I am quite certain that "tiny" was never one of them before!

#2 - I had just finished my workout (30 minutes of sprints on the treadmill then 55 mintes of weight lifting). I was dripping with sweat still, so I was still working on cooling downsome standing by the water tank and without realizig it, was blocking the garbage can. One of the guys that works out in their fairly frequently says "excuse me, can I get to that trash can?" ... I step aside saying "Oh Sorry! No worries, just shove me out of the way ... I may fall over at this point, but that's OK". He looks at me and says "Uh, I don't think so. I've seen you lift. You have muscles. I prefer not to get hurt."

Bwahahaha!!! Oh how that made my day.

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    those are great NSV! made me laugh:)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I LOVE #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is freaking awesome!!!! :bigsmile:
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Very cool, dragonflydi! That second one really made me chuckle. I'm gonna go make my own topic for my NSV today. :D
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Great NVS.
  • Veronica1880
    Options
    true that, awesome !!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so awesome! You should be very proud of what you have acheived!

Big Congrats and Keep it up!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hahaha-- I love #2! Great job!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV?? lol
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are both fantastic!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Keep up the good work.
  • armywife121110
    Options
    thats awesome!! wish i had a few :/
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV?? lol

Non Scale Victory
    Like when you fit into smaller size clothes, or someone compliments you or anything really that makes you feel good besides the number on the scale.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    What is a NSV?? lol

Non Scale Victory
    Like when you fit into smaller size clothes, or someone compliments you or anything really that makes you feel good besides the number on the scale.

Thank you! Thank makes sense!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!