1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    almond milk to taste
    dash of cinnamon
    cap full of vanilla extract
    tsp of honey
    optional scoop of protein

mix well with spoon

whatever fruit you like on top (strawberry/ banana is my fav)

warm up in microwave in the morning

pretty much my whole family is onto this now and its fun to make together before bed

• augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like I'm in a rut I try new ethnic cuisines (or my own ethnic cuisine). For example, a turkish breakfast: bread, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, a couple of green and black olives, a fresh cheese, and an old cheese. Indian breakfast: upma or pongal. Japanese breakfast: rice, miso, bunch of vegetable sides.

More simple ideas: buy a fancy jam or marmalade or preserves - it makes toast more interesting. A plain waffle with peanut butter and honey. Crunchy granola with milk or yogurt.

Also, not sure if the texture has anything to do with why you hate oatmeal. I personally hate that mushy soppy wet texture of rolled oats, and I don't think dates and honey help. I got the salty route. I use McCann's steel cut quick oats - they take about 5-6 minutes to cook, as opposed to the regular steel cut oats. When it's done, I turn off the heat, and add salt and two tablespoons of ground flax seed meal - this adds texture and also omega 3s. Then I top it off with a full fat/whole milk plain yogurt. The saltiness, creaminess, and fiber all go so well with the cool creaminess of the yogurt.
  • lorraineausten
    lorraineausten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to make this for my brother when he was doing manual labour, really filling and full of protein.
    Mix a banana with a tbsp of peanut butter, a couple of spoons of low fat yogurt, almond milk and a handful of oats, leave it over night then blitz in the morning for your breakfast smoothie you won't even know the oats are there.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    nbalogh88 wrote: »
    Try herbalife shakes they are easy and low carb!

no.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of garbanzo beans mashed with half of an avocado. Season with a little garlic salt and pepper and spread over toast or on a whole wheat tortilla. So filling and delicious.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    kendrafox wrote: »
    My normal go to breakfast before work is a smoothie made from frozen fruit and veggies, but I am trying to find other things I can try. I HATE eggs and oatmeal!! Does anyone have any other breakfast suggestions for something quick and healthy?

Bacon and egg sandwich....
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs with a half an avocado. Chia pudding just chia seeds and almond milk.. Stevia.. Berries.mmm. or overnight oats!!
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For a quick break fast I usually have a Lean Pockets sandwich or a couple of waffles with sugar free syrup.
  • lmflorhy
    lmflorhy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Whole gain toast with spread avocado or lite sour cream and mixed fruit with cottage cheese
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have been using a lot of ham lately since it is so cheap for easter. Fry up a little and I like eggs, but with a slice of bread or with cheese it can be good as well.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nutritionK wrote: »
    If you are trying to lose some weight your morning meal it's even more important. A liquid breakfast is not always a good idea cause it has no fiber and no protein the keys to make you feel satisfied trough the day. And oatmeal and eggs are a good source of them but you still have some options: unsweetened cereals with milk and fruit, whole grain toast witch cottage cheese and fruit, plain yogurt with fruits and 2 tbps of granola, toast with avocado and natural fruit juice.

[Edited by MFP Mods]

No it's not, it's only important if you're hungry in the morning. Otherwise you can comfortably wait until later before having breakfast. And a liquid breakfast can contain fibre if you add something like oats, avocado, cocoa, banana, etc and whey, milk, yoghurt, peanut butter for protein.
  • vitty1
    vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes for the win!

ALL DAY, not just breakfast :blush:
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    To echo some people here. Eat what suits you for breakfast. I had marinaded octopus salad with a hunk off an Italian loaf for breakfast before. Today it was rice and beans with carribean chicken. For lunch I'm having eggs and toast. Eat what ya like
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to put in your face. It's just a meal. :grin: Sometimes when I haven't got myself together I'll just make a PB&J sammich
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, Kind protein fruit & nut granola for crunch and a drizzle of agave 5 calorie.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Uncle Sams original cereal and milk. Kashi Go Lean cold cereal and milk.
    turkey rollups or in a Sandwich Thin whole wheat roll
    Yogurt and berries
    left overs

• HackerTribe
    HackerTribe Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MEAL PREP! I make banana oat flour pancakes for the week and then freeze them. Every night I pull 2 out the freezer into the fridge to thaw overnight. Microwave them the next morning. So good!! 30 seconds breakfast every morning! Also you could always do something like a Kasha cereal with almond milk or ezekiel bread with peanut butter.
  • Hennipop1
    Hennipop1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, choose something with carbs, because you need energy in the morning. And I don't mean sugar by saying carbs.
  • Ledmustang1957
    Ledmustang1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depending on my mood, I either eat Greek yogurt and a cheese stick, A wrap made with Boar's Head chicken with a 2% cheese slice, or a cheeseburger with mushrooms or slice of tomato. I keep cooked hamburger patties in the refrigerator because it is my favorite. These 3 meals are my go to breakfasts and lunches.
    I know Boar's Head is pricey, but I don't eat junk so I think I deserve it. Half a pound at a time is not expensive.
  • Jamiefoulds125
    Jamiefoulds125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not go to myprotein website n try their pancake mix