Hello from New York - I need friends :)

Options
I live in Long Island and am a mom of 2 boys under the age of 6. Being overweight has been a challenge for my entire life and I am trying to get healthy for my boys ... but most importantly - for me.

I truly believe I am worth it - for the longest time I didn't think I was. I would sedate myself with food, eat unconsciously and secretly eat when no one was looking. I've done WW, Atkins, pills, etc. - with no success. I recently turned 36 and am discovering that the change has to be an internal shift - there is no secret out there; it's all within me to make the change and to make it happen. It's interesting that I've heard that before over and over - you just get to a certain point in your life when you realize that to be true and you TRULY understand what that means because up until now, I haven't.

I'd love to grow my support network so welcome any people to 'friend' me. I just would like to say to those that choose to do so - let's keep the positivity going because as we know negativity is like a cancer that can kill the best of intentions.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :)
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more!!! I have noticed the same shift in myself, and for the first time in my life I feel like I am in control on myself and my body, I am excited to see where this journey is going to take me!!! I will definatly add you as a friend and we can help and support eachother, I need all the help I can get. Good Luck!!!! You can do it!!!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    NEW YORK!!!!! I dont live their but i wish i did...feel free ta add me! Ellie is the name:)
  • Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    Welcome - make friends, it makes the journey that bit better. :)
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Options
    Friends request sent hun xx
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi..I'm in Rockland county, but spend lots of time in Long Beach...we have a summer home there...I also have 2 little ones at home....sent you a friend request ;)
  • tlerias
    tlerias Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island as well, but i'm currently a college student and studying in Boulder, CO. I'm sending a friend request now :)
  • tlerias
    tlerias Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile, I spent the first 7 years of my life in Levittown before I moved to Dix Hills! My first memories were there and I wish I grew up there.
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am pretty new here. Sending you a friend request. Good luck in your journey, sounds like you are making a great start!
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I live in long island too. I'm a mom of 1 and would be happy to get to know you and work-out together :-)