Comparing Apples to...

Options
Sweetlux
Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
A question that defines our generation…are you a MAC or a PC? I am neither!!!!! I own a laptop; I use a computer at work all fricken day long (as in right this very moment). But I don’t embrace the power of the PC. I am technically retarded (wait that doesn’t sound right)…you know what I mean. ANYWAY to get to the point…I was thinking about getting an Ipad 2 (I don't know that counts as a MAC but still an Apple) and I was just wondering if any of my fellow MFP users had one and what they thought of it’s abilities or lack there of? I need something I can carry with me, schedule appointments (I run a side biz of making cakes and cupcakes), play angry birds, jot down some notes, access a few pictures, and of course update my facebook and MFP. Do you think I could possibly be a MAC? Be gentle…

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I don't know or care about the IPADs, but I'm not a mac user. I've always had PCs, but I love unix. I have a laptop harddrive with ubuntu on it, but I haven't been able to bring myself to solely switch to it (too much PC only software I like). I know there is unix software available to run PC software, but I haven't had much luck with it.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love PCs. Everyone that says that once you use a Mac you will never go back though...
  • workhardplayhard
    workhardplayhard Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sounds like you would benefit more from a MacBook Pro then a iPad, but that is simply justified by your info. I recently traded over to a Mac and of course am really happy with it but I would argue that if I spent $1500 on a PC that I would be happy with that as well. Mac is easier in general to use and it is a plug and play and you don't have to buy too much more unless you would like to be super fancy. Good luck!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nobody has an Ipad?!?!?! Hroush you lost me...I had to look up what PC meant. I thought laptop was actually labtop. Why me?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iPad because all the money that I don't invest or have to spend on bills goes toward my wardrobe. I have a laptop, a desktop, a Kindle, an iPhone, a Blackberry, and an iPod. Can't really justify the iPad right now.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm accessing MFP right now on my ipad 2, i always have, it's just like internet explorer. I had a laptop before and then went ahead and brought the ipad and i thought i'd still need my laptop for things i couldn't really do on my ipad but my laptops been in storage for months. The ipad 2 is just like a laptop, its portable, wifi and 3g enabled, you can read books on there, make videos, take pictures, download apps, check your email and it's really easy to use. It's pretty great for business uses too i really recommend it. It's so much easier to lug this around with you all day than a laptop too! :D
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I agree with Chilliaddict. We have an iPad1 and find it extremely useful. But we are apple people.