Under 1000 calories

Options
Some days I'm just not that hungry...before my life style change I didn't eat a lot. I just are wrong foods and drank soda and sweet tea all day long....I probably drank 5000 calories in sugar drinks a day...it's a challenge to eat healthy foods and not feel so full im uncomfortable how do
I eat more and not feel miserable?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Seek a professional therapist.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Add a little more each day till your eating enough. Choose healthy foods while your at it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Nuts is where it's at. Before I started dieting I used to eat at least 1000 calories worth of nuts a day, and they go so fast! You can also re-introduce some of your old foods to make the calorie limit.
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would seek medical help personally if eating less than 1000 is making you feel like that. Your body needs more than 1000 a day to function properly. Try and eat more and stay away from the sugary drinks. I wish you luck x
  • jessicagosz
    jessicagosz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense healthy foods like nuts, avocado, Natural peanut butter ect.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Looking at it the other way around perhaps you're actually eating more than 1000 without realising? Do you log everything? All your foods, drunks, cooking oils etc?

If you genuinely need to boost your intake you could add a smoothie made from milk, yoghurt, banana & peanut butter into your diet. You can cram 500 calories into one smoothie pretty easily.
    Or add olive oil & avocado to your salads? Have a glass of fresh fruit juice, that's another 250calories easy and shouldn't fill you up. And as above, snack on nuts, weigh them or count then so you get your portion size accurately measured.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    1100-1200 min for most folks. :)
  • darthtrooper91
    darthtrooper91 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started to weigh my food and count my calories some weeks ago and I also find hard to reach the 1000 calories (and yes, I log everything). My appetite is adjusting I guess: I've started to eat more healthy, so the portions are more or less the same, but the calories have reduced drastically. I also started going to the gym about a month and a half ago, and when I go home after all this exercise I'm not hungry at all (which I think it's kind of weird), so sometimes is hard to eat the recommended five times a day (even though sometimes I force myself to eat).

Yesterday somehow I managed to eat 1150 calories, but I rarely reach 1000-1100. I also don't eat back my exercise calories, just because I'm not hungry enough... :(

I just fear the day that I'll have to eat to maintain my weight instead of losing it! Hahaha
  • Yogi_Flexi
    Yogi_Flexi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    High calorie healthy foods. Avacados, nuts, healthy oils, etc...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First make sure you are tracking correctly. If you aren't losing weight very fast, you aren't severely undereating. A few days of not eating or eating very little is not harmful (but don't do that intentionally). If you keep struggling to eat enough, have some of your "old" foods. Chances are you will feel deprived after some time, even if you are very enthusiastic right now, and it will make you crave and cave, and all that lifestyle changing has been for nothing.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie-dense foods. Just because you're trying to be healthier doesn't mean it always has to be salads and veggies. Have a slice of pizza, or slather some peanut butter on toast, or, if you prefer to drink your calories, have a shake or smoothie.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    When I first begain mfp a few years ago, I ate about 1000 calories. Mostly fresh vegetables which is good. But not balanced as far as protein and such. I will tell you that at that low , my hair began to fall out. I'm not meaning a few strands, I mean lots. I'm 5 feet tall and 41 years old so my bmi is low. Now, I eat more balanced, 1000 is a no no, watch my protein, fiber (cholesterol reasons) and still have my treats in moderation. I learned to quit obsessing over special occasions and enjoy them. I don't believe in "good" or "bad" food. Food is food. Yes some are more nutritionally sound. But sometimes you just need a big piece of cake. Nothing wrong with that. As others suggested, peanut butter, nuts, etc. High is good fats and calories could help bring your calories up. Good luck!
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Seek a professional therapist.

That escalated a bit quickly.
    Completely unnecessary suggestion.