I'm not losing anything

Options
I lost 12 lbs quickly and then stopped losing. I have strictly stuck to my diet and my weight has stayed the same to the ounce. What's going on? Could my home scale be broken?

Replies

• cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My scale tends to do this, I don't know why. It's super annoying though. Like I will weigh myself, drink a 700 ml bottle of water (700g) and weigh myself again and it won't change. And it's digital to the 0.1 lbs so it should!

Try weighing yourself with something heavy, to force it to change, then try again.

I mean, it could be that you really haven't lost anything, but for there to be no variance at all, even down to the ounce is fishy.
  • Jen_philp
    Jen_philp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Instead of stressing about your weight loss try measuring yourself each week...it's a much more accurate picture of your progress as it shows you are losing fat not water.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I lost 11.5lbs in 6 weeks next 3 weeks stated the same with 1/2lb gain then lost 1.5lb waiting on what's next
    Just weigh measure everything that's the first thing people get lax on then go from there
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    feral_sky wrote: »
    I lost 12 lbs quickly and then stopped losing. I have strictly stuck to my diet and my weight has stayed the same to the ounce. What's going on? Could my home scale be broken?

Timescale ?

Get on the scale and then pick up 5 lbs of weight - bags of flour, sugar, canned food whatever. See if the scale behaves.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Get a scale that also shows Body Fat percentage, the true valuable measurement. :)
  • feral_sky
    feral_sky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • feral_sky
    feral_sky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You all have been incredibly helpful! This is helping me to not get discouraged! :)