Need to lose 150lbs .where to begin?

Options
Hi

Replies

• hko718
    hko718 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Give me your height, weight, age, activity level and I'll give you some general numbers to aim for.
  • jlcoxjr119
    jlcoxjr119 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'6"- 325lbs- 47yrs- light activity. Joined a gym 2 weeks ago. Been going 2days a week mostly walking 15-30 minutes.
  • soullevel
    soullevel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You start right here. Log in. Start walking (log it). Read the success stories. Friend request people.
  • jlcoxjr119
    Options
    Thanks
  • jlcoxjr119
    Options
    How do i request friends
  • soullevel
    Options
    jlcoxjr119 wrote: »
    How do i request friends
    You click on our blue names and that will take you to our profile. Then click on our name again and that will take you to a page with a blue friend icon with an add symbol
  • soullevel
    Options
    Your on the right track!
  • ForestHill3131
    ForestHill3131 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi jlcoxjr119 - The short answer to the question "where to begin" is "begin right here and lose 1-2 lbs". That will take you 1 week. Then repeat every week after that. Once you get past the first few weeks, it will seem easier and easier and as you see results, the momentum will build.

My advice would be to not focus too much on the gym initially. I know that's the first place everyone goes to lose weight but you will NEVER exercise your way out of a bad diet. Focus on your diet and aim to reduce your caloric intake by around 500 cals per day, which is around 3500 cals per week (which is roughly 1 lb of fat). As for exercise, walk every day for as long as you can manage (there is no "too much" when it comes to walking). You will see that 1-2 lbs is quite easily achievable initially. All the best!
  • soullevel
    Options
    I go to the gym twice a week and work with a personal trainer. It has been a great help to have her give me the extra push. However, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise
  • soullevel
    Options
    Hi jlcoxjr119 - The short answer to the question "where to begin" is "begin right here and lose 1-2 lbs". That will take you 1 week. Then repeat every week after that. Once you get past the first few weeks, it will seem easier and easier and as you see results, the momentum will build.

My advice would be to not focus too much on the gym initially. I know that's the first place everyone goes to lose weight but you will NEVER exercise your way out of a bad diet. Focus on your diet and aim to reduce your caloric intake by around 500 cals per day, which is around 3500 cals per week (which is roughly 1 lb of fat). As for exercise, walk every day for as long as you can manage (there is no "too much" when it comes to walking). You will see that 1-2 lbs is quite easily achievable initially. All the best!

So true. 1 week at a time.
  • jlcoxjr119
    Options
    Thank you .
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well I have just sent you a friend request like yourself I have a lot to loose 125 lb
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi...I've got a lot to lose too so I've sent a friend request and maybe we can help each other :) I am trying to take it one day at a time and tackle one bad habit at a time. Good luck! :)
  • mel8505
    mel8505 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi how do you send friend request , don't think mines working