Quit Weight Watchers!

Options
Trying to lose 40 pounds!! I'm hoping by tracking and Orangetheory workouts - I can do it!

Replies

• MRSLJ1975
    MRSLJ1975 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I fancy weight watchers is it no good ?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There is a lot of great support here on MFP for everyone.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    MRSLJ1975 wrote: »
    I fancy weight watchers is it no good ?

Weight Watchers is good. It simply didn't work for the OP. I've been a Lifetime member of WW (under my goal weight) for a number of years.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a member at WW. I've been doing their plan off and on since 2007. It has worked for me before but I am having trouble with the new plan they use now. I was referred here by someone at WW online and love this site! I'm contemplating quitting WW. That 19.95/month is excessive and I can track the food here the same way.
  • Phoenix4me18
    Phoenix4me18 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just recently quit WW. I started WW late last summer and loved the PP plan. I lost over 20 pounds and then the switch to SP came. Ever since the switch I really struggled. Every pound was much harder to lose and I felt more discouraged and not really able to find a nice balance with how I want to live my life. Several weeks ago I started tracking things here on MFP and put WW on a hiatus and have finally seen the scale start moving down again. I feel like I can breathe more and don't feel as defeated every day. I also found seeing my actual Carb/Protein/Fat intake to be very helpful here. The community here is much more interactive and the food database is WONDERFUL as I don't have to enter most of the foods I am eating. I feel like MFP gives me the opportunity to really balance things more. After all these positives I went ahead and cancelled WW's. There seems to be a real mixed bag as to who likes the new SP plan and who doesn't. It is such an individual thing. Just find what works for you personally and stick with it. For me, it just worked out to be MFP.
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi..I quit WW about a week ago, and although the connect app and support was fantastic I prefer counting my calories now especially fruit and veggies included it adds up! Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend for support
  • Bikinigirl47
    Bikinigirl47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just found that I wasn't losing weight with smartpoints
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You'll do great with this app...Good Luck to you!
  • Bikinigirl47
    Bikinigirl47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • henrimunro
    henrimunro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've just cancelled my WW membership. The idea of WW is great, but my weight loss just stalled when they switched to SmartPoints. For me it makes more sense to count my calories. No food is "free", they all have some caloric value.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    henrimunro wrote: »
    I've just cancelled my WW membership. The idea of WW is great, but my weight loss just stalled when they switched to SmartPoints. For me it makes more sense to count my calories. No food is "free", they all have some caloric value.

I agree.
  • katlovers2
    katlovers2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you still count points and if so do you use points plus or the original points? I used to go a long time ago but too expensive, I can do that on my own once I find out how many points I can have. Is there a calculator that can help me find out how many points I can have or maybe someone can help me. I am 5'7 and weigh 222 pounds. Thanks for your help.
  • dr4jesuskc
    dr4jesuskc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with WW. All fruit and vegetables are free and not tracked. It is very easy to go over your daily calorie target. My wife is on WW and is doing wel. I think that MFP works better for me. I have about 40lbs to lose. I'm back on MFP and looking for some friends, good accountability and encouragement. My meal plan is public.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 40 pounds!! I'm hoping by tracking and Orangetheory workouts - I can do it!

ooh i heard those were fun! have you gone yet?
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love OTF!!! I wish I could post pics and I would show you my progress!!
  • sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also quit ww....I just couldn't stomach paying for something that is free here at mfp....
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I quit WW online, I lost motivation. I find MFP more motivational. Please feel free to add me!
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I quit weight watchers too, I find that MFP community is more helpful and easy to follow for me personally. Good luck to you! Add me if you ever need support x
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey guys can't really relate to the ww thing but I'm really motivated to lose my weight and would really love to be a supportive influence on your journeys. Feel free to add me please xx