Things YOU do to succeed at counting calories

Options
2»

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love one square of really strong dark chocolate, too.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    1. Setting a calorie goal that isn't too aggressive.
    2. The day after a binge is a brand new day, no need to eat less to make up for it.
    3. Save calories during the week so o can splurge on the weekends.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually plan my meals on MFP before cooking. It lets me know exactly how many calories I am going to be eating, and I can adjust my ingredients accordingly. Especially if it's early in the day and I don't want to accidentally use up my entire calorie quota.

Another trick I use is to drink a ton of water *during* my meal. It, along with the taste of the yummy food, makes me feel like I have actually eaten way more than I really have. I have a 700 ml bottle, and I make a point to drink the entire thing between my first and last bites of a meal.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1. Log everything, even when it isn't pretty. Sometimes, it's not as bad as I anticipated. And I always feel better knowing it is recorded.
    2. Make a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If I don't plan out what I am going to do, I have a tendency to put it off and it never gets done.
    3. Change or add new goals every four weeks. This keeps me focused and stops boredom before it starts. I am always working toward something.
    4. Make a deliberate decision about everything I eat. I don't allow myself to eat mindlessly. I must think about it and choose to eat, even when I go over my calorie allotment.
  • barby8051
    barby8051 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My biggest one is to stick with CICO because I know that after 40 years of dieting, it is the only thing that works long term for me. And most importantly, not listen to well meaning friends,family, and even my doctor, when they tell me the proper way to lose weight. I used to get upset and become exasperated trying to point out that I must be doing something right after shedding 90 pounds, but now I just politely smile and let them rattle on.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pre log meals
    Eat a balance of food
    Have a sweet if it fits
    Continue wishing for more calorie friendly alcohol
    DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!