Sabotage

Options
Good morning everyone!!! On my journey, I eat clean all day and workout 4-6 times a week. BUT when the sun goes down and everyone is sleeping....I turn into a sugar beast! I can't seem to stop myself! I go through the kitchen in search for sugar any sugar cookies, candy whatever and I destroy all the progress I made during the day. I'm half asleep and sometimes don't even realize i did it until the morning. How do I stop this madness??!!!? Lol

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Get it out of the house!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Either get it out of the house, or allow yourself to have some within your calories. Stop being so strict. It won't help you in the long term.
  • meredith6645
    meredith6645 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do not allow yourself to bring home anything sugary and have it in the house if it's not there you won't eat it
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you know that you'll want something sweet at night, preplan for it so you don't end up going over. At the beginning of the day, log what you're going to have that night so that everything else works around it. If that doesn't do the trick, you may need to remove the items from your house and only purchase single serving treats for a while. If you're half-asleep rummaging around in the cabinets, maybe you should also go to bed earlier so you aren't making food decisions in a fatigued (and more vulnerable) state?
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Erica9521 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!!! On my journey, I eat clean all day and workout 4-6 times a week. BUT when the sun goes down and everyone is sleeping....I turn into a sugar beast! I can't seem to stop myself! I go through the kitchen in search for sugar any sugar cookies, candy whatever and I destroy all the progress I made during the day. I'm half asleep and sometimes don't even realize i did it until the morning. How do I stop this madness??!!!? Lol

So called clean eating is an unnecessary level of strictness you're struggling with. Let yourself have a treat everyday, fit it into your calories. And just to be pedantic, fruit has sugar, do you find yourself 'beasting' on those during this evening session? Because if not, it's more the snack food you're deliberately depriving yourself of during the day you're after rather than the sugar. Also, just keep one snack food item around to eat rather than lots of them. If you don't have lots lying around, you won't be able to eat lots.
  • jwallo73
    jwallo73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was doing this as well except with breads and cheese and anything salty. It's a super hard habit to break. What worked for me was switching it up, I started eating a substantial meal early, like at 5-6pm cleaning and puttering for an hour then walking on the treadmill for 1-2 hours and then going straight to sleep. It has kept me busy and out of the pantry as well as helping me achieve my steps for the day. The best part? I have never slept better my whole life! What an awesome side affect. GL!