HCG Diet

Options
Hi there

I am very interested in beginning the HCG Diet and would love to get any feedback & experience that you might have.

Thanks!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would urge you to use the search function on this site. There have been numerous posts about this topic and you will probably get all your questions answered more quickly that way.

Good luck!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    From everything I've read the reason you lose weight on HCG is that you keep your cals below 500 per day. Everyone I know who has tried this immediately gains the weight back when they go back to eating.

The success stories I've seen, aside from surgery, are those who are counting calories, exercising, and committed to a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck in achieving and maintaining your weight loss goals.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend you do a search here at the forums. There are a ton of threads about this. Most people (including me) don't recommend it.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hey ngr1973-
    You are probably going to get a lot of negative responses on this because the HCG diet isn't exactly the most healthy thing in the world. However, my advice is to look into it and do *as much research on it as humanly possible* before you end up committing to something that drastic.

Good luck with your weight loss journey
    -M
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    500 calories a day isn't safe. I strongly urge you to do your weightloss journey a healthier way.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I believe that it must be a scam. The diet requires you to eat 500 calories a day for a certain time. Anyone who only eats 500 calories a day will loose weight! I have a friend who tried it and couldn't handle the food required on the diet. Exercising and watching what you eat is the only way to get to your goal. So be careful!
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have done the HCG and lost 20lbs and kept it off.... but I have contined to run and eat right. Most of the people who do the diet do it then go back to there old habits. I would reccommend you research it. I did. You are only allowed 500 cal a day, but your only allowed certain foods.
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you do your research you will read that you are only eating 500 cal a day because your are living off your fat. You are buring 3500 cal a day that is how you loose a pound a day. You are bascially living off your fat reserve that is why you are not hungry. If you were to try to eat only 500 cal a day with out the HCG you would be STARVING.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Please do a search for "The Human Diet"
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    I tried it last year for 2 weeks. I lost the weight really quick, a pound a day just like it promises. Then I went for a checkup with my Dr. and she told me I needed to get off of it. 500 calories a day is dangerous and not healthy by far. I stopped the HCG drops and just continued with the 500 calorie diet and still dropped a pound a day ( I was curious ). So basically the drops are not what makes you lose the weight, starving yourself is what does it. So after 3 weeks of being hungry I decided to go back to my 1200 calorie diet and exercise. I did gain some of the weight back, but now I'm on back on track. Everyone's body is different of course, but this was my experience with the HCG diet. Try the 500 cal diet without the drops 1st and see how that works, then you should have your answer on whether or not to spend that much money on the product.

Elizabeth :smile:
  • Treece85
    Treece85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried the HCG diet and it is so hard. To start off you have to eat 15,000 calories for the first two days. After the 2nd day you can only eat 500 calories a day. You can only eat the food that is on the list. The foods they suggest for breakfast is horrible because the basically want you to dink black coffee and Melba toast. You can’t eat many vegetables or fruit. You will not have any energy either. Basically you will lose the weight, but you are putting your body into starvation mode.
  • fresenburgp
    Options
    ngr1973, I just completed the hCG diet a few weeks ago. I was successful on the diet. While most people lose 25+ pounds on the diet, I only dropped 15. However, it was the jump start I needed to get into an exercise and nutrition program.

First and foremost, I encourage you to do your research. Gather all the information you can. The more research you do the more the facts will seperate themselves from the fiction.

The method I did allowed for 750-800 calories per day. My hCG hormone came from a PHARMACY. That's key, because a pharmacy only works with the "real deal." I won't lie to you; you need to be committed to the diet or you won't succeed. But trust me, you will literally lose weight overnight. There's a 90% chance you won't feel hungry after the first week. I fell in the 10% category of those who DO feel hungry. I was hungry for 6 weeks--that's a dreadfully long time to be hungry.

The diet is extremely specific about what foods you can and can't eat. You will put nothing but healthy foods into your body for 6-9 weeks. After I completed the last phase of the diet the good habit of eating healthy stuck with me. The diet also requires 30 minutes of daily exercise. That good habit also stuck. Today, I'm still 15 pounds lighter, eating healthy and exercising 60-90 minutes 5 days/week.

Please be careful. There ARE a lot of hCG scams out there. Be sure you're getting a legit product. If you have more questions, please drop me a line.
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thats true for EVERY diet, not just HCG. How many posts do you read on MFP that say something like "Last year I lost X amt of pounds but gradually put it back on so here I am again and I am going to do it right this time and keep it off!" Diets, as a rule, all fail long term. We start them with great intentions and say we're going to make lifestyle changes, etc etc. You can't pin this just on HCG. I know people who had gastric bypass who have put all their weight back on and then some!
    I have done the HCG and lost 20lbs and kept it off.... but I have contined to run and eat right. Most of the people who do the diet do it then go back to there old habits. I would reccommend you research it. I did. You are only allowed 500 cal a day, but your only allowed certain foods.