Water Challenge starting 3/15/16

niz84
niz84 Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2016 in Challenges
I'm trying to drink more water so I thought a challenge would be a great way to reach my goal! My goal is 64 oz plus every day!

Replies

• falconfady
    falconfady Posts: 1 Member
    Me too niz84. I have been drinking 5-6 bottles a day and I'm in my bathroom more then ever!!!!!!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have been doing about a gallon a day for a few years since it does help some with joint pain. Water, coffee and tea is all I drink now and plain.

Welcome to MFP @niz84 and @falconfady .
  • niz84
    Thanks @GaleHawkins!
  • niz84
    @falconfady I know what you mean but I think it's because our bodies aren't used to it yet.
  • dburnsdb987
    dburnsdb987 Posts: 2 Member
    Water challenge
  • Portia_Loves
    Portia_Loves Posts: 1 Member
    Starting the water challenge.
  • Nemis07
    Nemis07 Posts: 11 Member
    I'll start it. I'm trying to get a gallon a day
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Learn about electrolytes so you do not pee out your brains. :) Yes water can be toxic so Google and double check any "facts" you are given in person/social media/etc. The body can adapt to many things but do not rush it. In my case it took about 90 days to get comfortable living in nutritional ketosis if you plan to go that route. Some do it very fast and others may that 6 months+. There is no reason to rush but I say it was 6 months before walking up a steep hill was easy to do but remember I had little muscle in my pre LCHF way of eating days.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I usually try to get 64 ounces a day of just water. I try to start early in the morning so I've met my goal by 3pm, then I have no worries about getting up a gazillion times to go to the bathroom at night. lol
  • RochelleMcF
    RochelleMcF Posts: 5 Member
    Hello this is just the Challenge for me too, my aim is to drink 2.5-3.5lt (84-118oz) I'll include Hernal tea & Straight up water :-)
  • cassandra_thill
    cassandra_thill Posts: 1 Member
    I just bought a new water bottle last night and honestly that is the only way I get my water in. In so in on getting 64oz and more of water!!! I promise to carry my water bottle every where I go and to only drink water from it.
  • niz84
    I did horrible yesterday...I drank too much coffee. Does anyone know how to create an actual challenge. ..it won't give me the option...
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    I've been upping my water the last few weeks. I use an app on my phone called Plant Nanny. It's cute and keeps me motivated to watch my plant grow. I love the notification, it says "You and your plant can use some water" Too cute.
  • Clockworkfan44
    Clockworkfan44 Posts: 2 Member
    I bought a MyHydrate bottle. It only hold 22ounces which is small, but it beeps if you don't drink for an hour. I call it The Boss! It reminds me to drink when I get so caught up in working. I hear that beep and I drink! Plus the smaller size gets me more steps to go to the cafeteria to fill it 3-4 times when at work.
  • niz84
    Oh im hoing yo downloaf that! quote="purplemystra;35809410"]I've been upping my water the last few weeks. I use an app on my phone called Plant Nanny. It's cute and keeps me motivated to watch my plant grow. I love the notification, it says "You and your plant can use some water" Too cute. [/quote]

• niz84
    Is it expensive?
    I bought a MyHydrate bottle. It only hold 22ounces which is small, but it beeps if you don't drink for an hour. I call it The Boss! It reminds me to drink when I get so caught up in working. I hear that beep and I drink! Plus the smaller size gets me more steps to go to the cafeteria to fill it 3-4 times when at work.

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Is this challenge continuing into April? If so, I would like to join. How do we track our totals?