I'm new! And food is my weakness... :D

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Cierra. I recently started using MFP everyday! Its been about a week now.

Sooo.... I lost about 30lbs on a bowflex within the past couple years, but I'm still not to where I want to be fitness-wise, so I bought Kettleworx! I have completed all six weeks and now I'm onto the Advanced dvds, I have another six weeks of those.

I think what is holding me back from achieving my goals is:
a) I find it hard to eat less that 2000 calories per day.
b) not enough cardio.

I am young and eating 1200 calories is just hard for me... even when I eat like 2500 calories a day I dont gain weight, I'm assuming its just from working out and having muscle that burns calories. But even though I don't gain weight.... I still dont lose it. lol.

I need a way to feel full and satisfied, while still being on the go. Also I need to start doing more cardio, like walking, biking etc on the days I'm not doing weights (kettleworx)

I would love to meet some buddies on here for support and encouragement! :)

Replies

• tiffnday
    tiffnday Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't really exercise and i do love food. But it's a choice you have to make for yourself. I love to give u support if you'll do the same for me. Please add me and we can't get through it. :happy:
  • CierraEstelle
    CierraEstelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay I am totally down :)
  • CierraEstelle
    Options
    Any one else wanna get in on this? Trying to get a handfull of buddies... :)
  • 11to7
    11to7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today. I've been making better food choices for the past week and I have lost five pounds reminding myself everyday this is a life change not a diet. I want better health for myself first and then my family.:
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    good luck! I find it hard to stay below 1800-1900. My fitness pal allows me to have 1380 calories but if i work out it normally allows me to have 2000 since i burn over 600 working out. If i only had the 1380 theres no way i could function lol. Even when i eat really healthy eating all three meals and two snacks is always way over the 1380. I wish you luck on your weightloss, i dont think 2000 calories is bad as long as your working some off. For example the site says my resting calories burned per day is over 1500 so if i burn that much just resting all day im sure i burn more than enough to lose weight off of eating 1800 a day, with working out and with running after my 15 month old all day... or at least im hoping so : )
  • CierraEstelle
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I think the site told me I burn about 1700 a day at rest, so thats probably why I can eat so much without gaining. I'm pretty broke right now, but in about a week I can go grocery shopping so I'm gonna stock up on some healthy foods... When I was doing the bowflex I would eat alot of pita sandwiches. I would buy the whole wheat pita's and stuff them with as much meat and veggies as I could, I'd usually put a thin layer of cream cheese on the inside too. I always was satisfied when I ate those, and I think the low carb was helping me alot. I also want to start eating more soups again, because if you buy the right ones they can be very satisfying and healthy.

Any suggestions of what else I should put on my grocery list? I think some easy to eat veggies would be a good idea.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    Banana's are awesome to eat! Also I dont know if you have a costco by you but their kirkland weightloss shakes are tasty. Mixed nuts can be a good snack and are filling, I ate only an oz (about 30 peanuts) for a snack today and was satisfied. For lunch i stick to sandwichs or something healthy to heat up since this is easiest to eat well since my husbands at work, for dinner I have whatever I am making for the family and just watch my portions.
  • CierraEstelle
    Options
    I love banana's :) I try to eat them often because I know the potassium is good for my muscles. I've also been eating apples more lately, I've heard they are good for keeping you feeling full. I like to eat them with some peanut butter, it is super delicious. :D

I'm definitely gonna add some nuts to my grocery list too! I dont eat them often but its only because they aren't around, but I agree that they are a good thing to eat.