Really, what are you looking for?

Options

Replies

• SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    i hate that i've let myself get to the point I'm at. I don't FEEL beautiful or attractive to my husband anymore. He swears he loves me no matter what size i am, and that i'm still beautiful- but i don't feel it anymore. I want to feel beautiful and confident around him again.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Health issues have cropped up. But in the long run, I would like to keep up with my young kids. Being thinner and able to buy smaller clothes would be a nice bonus, but is not a huge motivator or I would have done this a long time ago. And my husband liked the cow enough when it was heavier to date it, marry it and have kids with it, so I have no one to impress :D He doesn't care either way.
  • PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking ahead to aging and I don't want to be sitting in a wheelchair staring at a tv in my elderly years...I want to keep my strength and mobility and increase my chance at a longer quality of life. And cellulite, do not want that s hit on me...lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for me was my health. I had a lot of really nasty blood work going on and my big fat *kitten* was also putting me at a higher risk for all kinds of other *kitten* on top of what I was already dealing with. A few years ago when I went in for my 38 year wellness exam by doctor told me that if I didn't get my *kitten* together I could most likely look forward to being very sick, if not dead by my early 60s....unacceptable as I had at that time a 3 y.o. and 1 y.o. boys...not to mention, I would really like to spend my retirement years traveling around with my wife, not laid up in some hospital or six feet under.

As things progressed and I started dumping weight and started seeing my fitness improved, it reminded me of how good it really feels to be physically fit...I was an athlete for most of my young life growing up and always really fit...it felt good to start getting some of that back...and while I'm certainly not in my prime, it does feel good to be competing again even though I know I'm not going to win...it's just fun to get out there and compete.

Also, as I leaned out and my health markers improved, things did start to become more vanity oriented...and actually both my wife and I (she lost a bunch of weight too) were like, "why the hell didn't we do this sooner...we're *kitten* hot as *kitten* now." In our early 40s, we look a lot younger than some of our peers of comparable age now.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    To be happy with my body no matter what number that may be. I'm about half way to reaching my goal of where I was a long time ago and I looked alright so I wanna go back to that and see how I feel when I get there.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for losing weight is because I am 100% fed up with hating the way I look. I'm doing this to feel better about myself and to also avoid the diabetes that runs rampant in my family.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i'm looking out for me for #1. i also think if i lost like another 20 pounds or so i'd really be able to wear the $h!t out of a sombrero.

girls are prob like #2

You can rock the *kitten* out of a sombrero now...just saying.

My initial reason for weight loss was almost purely to look hot and feel good in clothes. I would lie and tell people it was for "health" but it was total bullsh*t. The further along I got in my weight loss/fitness journey the less I found myself caring how I looked or what I weigh. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have guys tell you that you look beautiful and buy you a free drink at the bar but my motivation to continue is purely because of how good it makes me feel to be healthy. Looking back I felt like straight trash before, I just never realized it because feeling like trash was my "normal".

*Edit to add-OP it's not selfish to want to look good especially if it's for yourself.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I started, appearance was the main thing. I don't think there's anything selfish about it - you have to live in your body, and if you're not happy with how it looks or how you feel in it, that's a big thing. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see instead of hating it.

Along the way though I've picked up some more goals other than just appearance. Like, I want to be strong. And athletic. I want to be a good runner. I want my flexibility to improve. And I want to just take care of my body, fueling it with good stuff and seeing what I can accomplish.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I started out as dual purpose. First, I was tired of feeling squishy, and second, I wanted to look good for my wife at the time because she was working on getting in shape. Beyond that, I am happy with clothes now and I feel better about myself. Vanity has been a real motivator.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what people are really looking for when it comes to weight loss and physical health. I'm 24, happily married and my husband is perfectly content with the way I look, and he has been the entire 5 years we've been together. Suddenly I have this incredible urge to be thinner, because I think it will increase my looks. I want to buy cute clothes again and feel more attractive, even though I have no one to impress. Is this totally selfish? I also want to be healthier, but overwhelming so, I just want to look nicer. What are you trying to accomplish by being healthier? Looks or health? P.s. I think anybody can rock their appearance no matter what the scale says! It's just a number!

I'm living the same , he even misses my tummy and love handles ... Buuuut I want to go back to my old me, feeling better, liking the way I look. He supports me no matter what, even cheers me when I have a NSV! I don't think it's selfish at all

• oh_please
    oh_please Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To look good naked.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and played competitive soccer until February 21st of this year. I find that I am losing a lot of flexibility since I stopped playing. I haven't been stretching like I had before a game. I am looking for a stretching class. I think that is my main concern right now.
  • JenniferSchaffer1
    JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel sexy !
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    it started out as "i need to be hot AF again" accomplished that and now honestly my health has really started to become very important to me

ive become more and more aware of what i put into and even on my body ..im getting all "Health nutty" but i like it
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    I want to look in the mirror and not be disgusted by my body. Most of which is pyschological. My endurance isn't lacking, but I also want to improve my strength. For once in my life, I'd like to feel sexy, naked. :smile:
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband is a good deal younger than I am (10 years), and while I know that he loves me regardless, I don't want to take any chances in losing his interest :) At the moment I weigh 17 lbs more than when we met, and my goal is to lose 27 more (not taking any chances, okay =P ).

I want to be able to keep up with him (and my grandkids one day), continue to ski, hike, do outside stuff, keep our sex life active and fun. I don't want to die before he does and leave him alone - I would basically just like to keep up with him. He's very much worth it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (1) I wanted to feel better. When I was overweight I would get winded very rapidly simply from walking stairs or up a hill. I also hated the way I looked. Call me vain. I'm fine with this.
    (2) I want to keep up with my kids. I have two very athletic daughters and I want to be able to play soccer with them, run with them, and bike with them. I also want to do this with my grandchildren. And, it is not only about fun, but also about setting a good example and setting them on the path to a lifetime of health and fitness.
    (3) I'm married and my wife and I love the way the other looks. We will always love each other, but being so attracted to each other that we can't keep our hands off each other is good. I'll leave it at that.
    (4) I find exercise fun and it improves my mood. My primary interests before I got into shape were eating and drinking good wine. Every vacation centered on these two things. They were expensive and, frankly, boring, and I never felt refreshed after they were done. I want to actually go do things these days.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I like looking nice in clothes. :) I figure skate so having to wear a skin tight dress while prancing around in front of people is certainly a great inspiration. I like the way I look when thiner and in shape and I like the way things are easier to do. So I'm kinda shallow it seems
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started because of death. Watching people you love die and looking at the faces of the family they leave behind as they tear up and cry was all I needed.

So I'm in search for the truth. The truth of who I am and how far can I push and how healthy can I become.

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My husband loves and supports me at any weight. In fact, he would tell me I looked good with some extra meat on my bones. There have been times I've probably been too thin. But my main motivation is comfort. I had never experienced a fat roll before. It was so uncomfortable to me. My clothes got tight. I started having to wear dresses because my pants wouldn't fit well anymore. I feel so much better at a lower weight. I feel more energized when exercise is a regular part of my life. I don't like feeling weak. And I look so much better in clothes.