On a lighter note

Options
hdatres
hdatres Posts: 635 Member
What do you like to do for hubby /recreation/pastime???

Replies

• hdatres
    Options
    I'm learning to play guitar off of YouTube
  • bellasnowwhitechick84
    Options
    I write my own love stories and poetry
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I golf and play sand volleyball
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I assume by hubby you meant hobby? Had to read that a few times

I figure skate which is also good for fitness, I curl like the sport, apparently this summer I'll be playing croquet. I also bake and cook this are hobbies
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Wherever I went I found that poetry was considered as the highest learning, and regarded with a veneration somewhat approaching to that which man would pay to angelic nature. And yet it fills me with wonder that in almost all countries the most ancient poets are considered as the best; whether it be that every other kind of knowledge is an acquisition greatly attained, and poetry is a gift conferred at once; or that the first poetry of every nation surprised them as a novelty, and retained the credit by consent which it received by accident at first; or whether, as the province of poetry is to describe nature and passion, which are always the same, the first writers took possession of the most striking objects for description and the most probable occurrences for fiction, and left nothing to those that followed them but transcription of the same events and new combinations of the same images. Whatever be the reason, it is commonly observed that the early writers are in possession of nature, and their followers of art; that the first excel in strength and invention, and the latter in elegance and refinement.
    -Samuel Johnson
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I read quite a lot and game sometimes.
  • hdatres
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I assume by hubby you meant hobby? Had to read that a few times

I figure skate which is also good for fitness, I curl like the sport, apparently this summer I'll be playing croquet. I also bake and cook this are hobbies

I didn't realize what I posted untill i read your comment yes indeed I meant to say hobby, LOL
  • Mike02209
    Options
    DrusiliaDD wrote: »
    I read quite a lot and game sometimes.

Online gaming? I am also a fan. I read a lot, but have been having trouble finding new things to read lately.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cooking, gardening, sending cat pictures on Snapchat, sewing, reading.
  • hdatres
    Options
    Are used to write poetry and I was very spiritual( not religious )but like a free spirit maybe has something to do with me being a Sagittarius,
    I lost The desire for it when I got married three years ago. He thinks it's Silly and pointless. He's in to football.
    It's sad now that I think about it
  • Mike02209
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    Are used to write poetry and I was very spiritual( not religious )but like a free spirit maybe has something to do with me being a Sagittarius,
    I lost The desire for it when I got married three years ago. He thinks it's Silly and pointless. He's in to football.

Get yourself a nice journal and just write something, don't let that spark wither away.
  • bellasnowwhitechick84
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »

Wherever I went I found that poetry was considered as the highest learning, and regarded with a veneration somewhat approaching to that which man would pay to angelic nature. And yet it fills me with wonder that in almost all countries the most ancient poets are considered as the best; whether it be that every other kind of knowledge is an acquisition greatly attained, and poetry is a gift conferred at once; or that the first poetry of every nation surprised them as a novelty, and retained the credit by consent which it received by accident at first; or whether, as the province of poetry is to describe nature and passion, which are always the same, the first writers took possession of the most striking objects for description and the most probable occurrences for fiction, and left nothing to those that followed them but transcription of the same events and new combinations of the same images. Whatever be the reason, it is commonly observed that the early writers are in possession of nature, and their followers of art; that the first excel in strength and invention, and the latter in elegance and refinement.
    -Samuel Johnson

This was beautiful ... I fully agree with this though. :)

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nice things I like to do for my hubby.... cook breakfast or dinner.
    for a hobby, actually im getting more into cooking new meals so that too lol.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I like working with my hands. I sew, crochet, make jewellery as well as toys for my cats out of garbage. I love that they're easily amused and cheap like me! I also paint and love to bake.
  • hdatres
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I like working with my hands. I sew, crochet, make jewellery as well as toys for my cats out of garbage. I love that they're easily amused and cheap like me! I also paint and love to bake.
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

Sewing s isomething I haven't done for a while, I should get my sewing machines timing back in order and give it a go. I liked making dresses for my two daughters, but now they are 21and 16.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    fixie cycling and playing dark souls
  • hdatres
    Options

Get yourself a nice journal and just write something, don't let that spark wither away.

I went to adult writing classes a few years ago (6)my teacher said I was very descriptive in my writing
    Getting a journal sounds like a good idea
    We should never stop doing things that make us happy
  • Mike02209
    Options

I went to adult writing classes a few years ago (6)my teacher said I was very descriptive in my writing
    Getting a journal sounds like a good idea
    We should never stop doing things that make us happy

Thats the spirit! Add me as a friend if you like, I am curious to see how it works out for you. You can do it!
  • hdatres
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Nice things I like to do for my hubby.... cook breakfast or dinner.
    for a hobby, actually im getting more into cooking new meals so that too lol.

I'm sorry, I put hubby when I meant to spell hobby, lol I didn't proofread very well.
    I need to get more creative with my cooking, basically my cooking is what it is........ And I'm sure your husband really appreciates your new hobby, it sounds like a yummy one !!!!