Any healthy & filling snack ideas????

Options
fgenao
fgenao Posts: 25 Member
any advice on healthy & filling snack ideas??? (no peanuts or almonds - too many calories)

Replies

• klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What calorie range are you looking for?
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg with hot sauce or tuna. Apples are a good idea too.
  • heatherwartanyan
    heatherwartanyan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats would be your best as they will statiate you. Carbs will make you eat more. So eating something with higher calories like a tbs of coconut oilily fill your and make you eat less in the long run.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Crunch and high fiber in veggies like celery, carrots and cucumbers fills me up especially if I add just a little protein with cheese (1% cottage is my fav), hummus or nut butters. You can also add some satisfying heat with some hot sauce.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Whole milk yogurt with some stevia and marmalade, or with a packet of ranch flavoring and some celery/carrots/radishes to dip with
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and almonds, as well as any other food, will be "too many calories" if you eat more than what you're allowing yourself.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I like Apples, grapes, string cheese, special K cereal bars (I like chocolatey pretzel.)
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with either fruit or a can of V8, pepper, and hot sauce to make a cold soup!
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nature Bakery Fig Bars are 110 calories for something quick. Otherwise I agree with the cottage cheese paired with fruit or veggies :)
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Edamame. You can get them in the frozen veggie section and the whole bag is only like 220 calories with tons of protein and fiber. Takes a long time to eat and is super filling.
  • hanjo285
    hanjo285 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to make zucchini pizza bites, they're super easy to make!
    Set the oven to 350, slice up as many zucchini pieces as you want to your desired thickness. Put tomato paste (pizza and pasta sauce works but I never use that for anything so I just use tomato paste) on top, I like to put garlic salt on the tomato paste, then top it off with low-fat mozerella and bake them for 10 minutes! They're so good and they're definitely satisfying.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Smart pop kettle corn
    Apple and pb2
    Rice cake and laughing cow cheese wedge
    Carrots and Hummus
    Small oatmeal bowl
    Berries and SF hershey syrup
    Hard boiled egg
    String cheese
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chia pudding. 3 tbsp chia seeds, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla. You have to let it chill for at least six hours, but it's well worth the wait!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
    eggs
    smoothies
    almonds
    half an avocado with a half serving of tortilla chips
    popcorn - one of my best surprises using MFP is that what I considered "junk" food is actually only 200 calories and satisfies me better than many healthier foods. One tablespoon of a light oil like grapeseed + two tablespoons of uncooked popcorn, popped on the stove with salt and maybe a dash of cayenne. A delicious flavor packed bowl, yum.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter are my go-to
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Almonds + cheese sticks
    Popcorn + peanut butter
    Cottage cheese + avocado
    Greek yogurt + frozen berries
    quest bar