A lesser woman

Options
Well, I have been at this for 50 days and I have lost....wait for it.....3.2 pounds!!!! Whew hew!!! A lesser woman would quit. A lesser woman would sit my fat *kitten* on the couch and mainline bonbons. A lesser woman would say "bunk this" and just be content with thunder thighs and dimply knees.
But NOT me. I am going to keep at it. I am going to keep slappin on my HRM and seeing what happens. I am going to eat my fruits and veggies every day (including spinach which I never ate before this journey). I am going to keep at this until I am....a lesser woman........or die trying damnit.

Replies

• wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Preach it, Sister! Preach it!!

I have been at it for 31 days and I had klost 4.8 lb...until today. When I got on the scale and saw 3 more lbs sittin' there staring back at me.

Nope. I have a date with Jillian Michael's, darn it. Because even though it's not comin' off fast, I am a better woman for takin' it off at all.

I am proud of you!! Great attitude!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Never give up!!
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love it! The greater woman you are WILL become a lesser woman on the outside but never the inside.:heart:
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i like this. i like this a lot. my loss has been slow as well and this is just the kind of attitude we all need to adopt.
    Well, I have been at this for 50 days and I have lost....wait for it.....3.2 pounds!!!! Whew hew!!! A lesser woman would quit. A lesser woman would sit my fat *kitten* on the couch and mainline bonbons. A lesser woman would say "bunk this" and just be content with thunder thighs and dimply knees.
    But NOT me. I am going to keep at it. I am going to keep slappin on my HRM and seeing what happens. I am going to eat my fruits and veggies every day (including spinach which I never ate before this journey). I am going to keep at this until I am....a lesser woman........or die trying damnit.
  • Kamille84
    Kamille84 Posts: 32
    Options
    I LOVE your attitude!
  • BlondieZee
    BlondieZee Posts: 16
    Options
    I gave in this week by eating chocolate and cookies... way too much of them. Thanks for the kick in the butt!!! I sure needed it!! :D well said!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    YES.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    whoop! go girl!

i'm the same. 85days today and only 7lb but heh. 7lb i wouldn't of lost if it hadn't been for a slight change in lifestyle. i'm content with doing it slow though!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I go WEEKS without losing anything. I know- very frustrating. BUT.... I am LEARNING to eat healthier, finding healthy recipes that I will replace the unhealthy ones with and I am building muscle and getting STRONGER. Im sure the same goes for you.

I have found (as a former model) that it is easy to lose weight the wrong way, but it is harder the right way. However- if you do it the wrong way it will not last, where as if you do it the right way it will.

Rome was not built in a day!! Hang in there- Your worth it!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The slower it comes off, the longer it stays off. That's one of my mottos. You have an excellent attitude ... you will succeed!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, this is my NEW attitude. Have sent out a few "dear God, help me posts". Now that this has gone on longer, it has only made me more determined and more ticked. But did not want everyone to think I have not had my moments of extreme weakness. Just not going to put up with it anymore! We have ALL got this.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Well said, Reddcat. You are making LIFESTYLE CHANGES, not just dieting. You may have only lost 3.2 pounds so far, but that's 3.2 lbs that are gone and are never coming back!

Changing your exercise and eating habits takes a lot of effort and time, but it's so worth it. Losing weight slowly will ensure you keep those pesky pounds off for life and before you know it, those healthy changes become habits and you won't even think about going back to the bad habits. Continue doing exactly what you are doing and know that you have a huge community supporting you!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, this is my NEW attitude. Have sent out a few "dear God, help me posts". Now that this has gone on longer, it has only made me more determined and more ticked. But did not want everyone to think I have not had my moments of extreme weakness. Just not going to put up with it anymore! We have ALL got this.

A change I made when I hit one of my plateaus ... and in looking at your food dairy, might be worth considering. Most of your meals are like an upside down pyramid. What I mean when I say that is that your meals start small (with regard to caloric total) and get larger throughout the day.

I was doing the same thing. When I flipped them so that my breakfast had the highest calories, lunch was 2nd highest and dinner was lowest, I jump started things again. The bigger meal in the morning got me going, kept me full, revved up my metabolism and I had all day to use up that fuel, etc.

The only variable to strongly consider would be when you do your workouts. I workout in the late afternoon. In fact, I'll be heading to the gym in about 20 minutes and it's just 3:00 where I am. Because of this, I had to start bumping my dinner calories back up due to the number of calories I'm burning at the gym right before my dinner meal, which is needed to help aid with recovery, but I still thought I'd mention it in the event it might help to reach that "lesser woman" goal :)
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    The slower it comes off, the longer it stays off. That's one of my mottos. You have an excellent attitude ... you will succeed!

this is a great way of looking at our weight loss...thanx :bigsmile:
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good job staying the course. However, after looking at your food diary, I would certainly reduce your carb, sugars,and sodium intake and increase your protein. 80% of the battle is in the diet.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, you'll get there!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Right on Girlie!!!!! I love this!!!
    I need this kind of positive attitude.
    Love the encouragement here. :heart:
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    65 days for me and ive lost 5lbs....i think im too damn stubborn to give up tho. and any loss if better than a gain. keep up the good work!
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    It's a struggle everyday. But I feel better when I'm doing the right thing. I feel so guilty when I'm not here and slacking off.
    Keep up the good work! I'm off to the gym!