Replies

• Yogi_Flexi
    Yogi_Flexi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and stevia mixed in.
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with plain Greek yogurt add stevia and nut butter! Yummy!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i plan on making some of this with a few adjustments (no chia and cow milk instead)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I mix in vanilla protein powder and its like a cheesecake. I will typically add fresh raspberries or strawberries and dark chocolate as well.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hovercat wrote: »
    There's a bottle of dried herbs you can find in the produce section that has dehydrated red onion, garlic and chives (can't remember the brand but it's a "salad" blend). I like to add a bit of this into it and then when lunch comes around its all hydrated and delicious :)

That sounds like a great idea!!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    I really like to have it with tinned fruit. I know... Lame. I also like to eat it plain, in place of ricotta etc. I actually don't even mind the low fat ones but I think most people dislike it. I pretty much like all cottage cheese.

Not lame at all. I love it with canned peaches.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I love it with walnuts and a little cinnamon. Apples are great with it too.
  • berloser
    berloser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ms Dash Seasonings-- there are at least 8 of them with no added salt. I like the Onion & Herb, Garlic & Herb or Tomato Basil the best in cottage cheese.
  • firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I prefer large curd and I like to mix in a little sugar free Jell-O mix; best if you can make it ahead and let it sit in the fridge for a while.
    THIS. Why has this never crosswd my mind!
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As sweet stuff I like it with Apple, cinnamon and honey or banana and almond butter. As savoury stuff it's nice with lots of fresh herbs, dill is my favourite. As part of meal I like it with potatoes and smoked mackerel.
    Try different brands til you find the one you like the most. Some taste almost like yogurt just with different texture, some are slightly cheesy or salty.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a cottage cheese fanatic! Eat it almost every day for breakfast. I definitely prefer the full fat, large curd. I can eat it just plain, or i like to mix in tomatoes, avocados, chives, peas, green onions.. all kinds of veggies are great in it. I think my absolute favorite is a medium (don't like hard) boiled egg chopped up and add some black pepper. It's simple and delicious.
  • beadgalsarita
    beadgalsarita Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    salty only!

I eat full-fat breakstones (I'm a snob about this) and I like to mix in ground pepper and sunflower seeds. yum!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For fat percentage I like full-fat or two percent. Fat-free dairy is just not very satisfying for me, and in cottage cheese I don't like the drying feeling I get in my mouth with it. (Astringency is the reason I won't eat fat-free yogurt either, blech.)
  • LE_Tetley
    LE_Tetley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally love my Cottage Cheese (awesome part is no one else does so it is ALLL mine)
    My favorite way is blend it with 2 egg whites, 1 yolk, vanilla, and sweetner packet or honey or sugar (whatever you prefer) then mix it with 1/2 cup rolled oats and cook it like pancakes. Big Protein boost in the morning, tasty with cool whip or sugar free syrup. It does make 'thick chewy' pancakes - but I like mine that way. Keeps me from feeling hungry for a few hours too. :)
  • annajwagner
    annajwagner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I go for full fat when I can find it and find that some brands taste better than others.

I often do jelly as a mix in, but fresh fruit (peaches) works great too.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cottage cheese. I think it was the curds suspended in liquids. I started eating it with tuna or chicken as a salad. That helped a lot. That way it wasn't as soupy. I did learn I only like the small curds and cannot do the fat-free. Now, savory, sweet...WHATEVER. Any seasonings, veggies, proteins, extracts, fruits, jello mix, pudding mix, it all works! Combine your favorite flavors! Even if you have to blend it a bit for a while to acclimate to the texture, it works!

Good luck!
  • JHALLISGETTINGsmall
    JHALLISGETTINGsmall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly -Smuckers Grape or Strawberry is what I like. Or peaches or pineapple
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like to put pudding powder in it and mix it up
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly -Smuckers Grape or Strawberry is what I like. Or peaches or pineapple

I tried the sugar free jelly mix in and it sadly did nothing for me.

I either use a little chocolate protein powder and peanut butter protein powder or pb2 or cinnamon and splenda or dump a drain individual container of sugar free peaches on it.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cottage cheese but it is a great protein source so the only way I can stomach it is cooking it with my eggs or egg whites with seasoning. It cooks like cheese so I pretend it is melted cheese on my eggs and it does the trick. I sometimes add the cooked cottage cheese and eggs in a whole wheat tortilla with salsa/avocado and maybe some turkey bacon and woilah, you have a breakfast taco...:)