Ramen Noodles....

Options
I was just about to eat my ramen noodles for lunch and i realized how much sodium was in them!!! i love ramen noodles! my problem is that there is so much sodium in them! I drink a ton of water and I never drink the "broth" so technically i dont think Im eating all the bad stuff just some of it... what is everyone's opinion on this.... is it still as bad for you if you dont drink the "broth"???? Ive been putting off eating this for about 2 hours now....

Replies

• sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    I try to eat the low sodium one whenever I eat it which is very sparingly. I'd drink lots of water to flush out the sodium. YUMMM...now I want some, lol.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What actually has all of the sodium is the packets that come with it, But if you add some low sodium broth it should be ok.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    if you have been thinking about it for 2 hours then you are probably not that hugry because you havent eaten it yet!! lol But honestly if its taking that long to think about it then its probably not a good idea.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Not using the packets helps, but it's not true that all of the sodium is in the packet. HAve you ever eaten the noodles uncooked? They are SALTY. The noodles themselves contain a lot of the salt.

But I also love them. I throw away the packet, boil the noodles, drain out all of the water (getting rid of some of the sodium from the noodles) and then dress it up with a lot of veggies (sauteed onions and garlic are great).
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love Ramen noodles too, but I purposefuly decided no to eat it at least for a while due the the sodium too. I know you say you aren't drinking the broth, but I think the amount you do ingest might still be problematic even though you are drinking lots of water. I know it's a tough decision.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I gave them up 2 years ago, they are fine if you are on a budget in college, IMO frankly terrible but they have like no, zero, none nutritional value and are on my list of food never to eat again !
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    one of my favs... i would say only use half the packet of seasoning and you can deplete the sodium in them . i could be wrong but sounds good to me lol
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Dont eat them, not only are they loaded with sodium they are nothing but garbage and your body doe not run well on garbage.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the low sodium one whenever I eat it which is very sparingly. I'd drink lots of water to flush out the sodium. YUMMM...now I want some, lol.