Pistachio Muffins

Options
lindsay6694
lindsay6694 Posts: 182
0622111503b.jpg
sorry pic is so big, didnt get a chance to resize it and didnt realize how big it was haha

(i dont usually use sugar free products but this works. theyre kind of heavy and thick muffins, i didnt get a chance to really mess with the recipe, only have made them once, and i didnt add any extra sugar. if you like your muffins really sweet then you can add it.)

Ingredients:
(makes about 12 or 13 muffins)

2 cups whole wheat flour (organic king arthur)
2 (1oz. boxes) Jello instant sugar free fat free pistachio pudding mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup 100% liquid egg whites
3/4 cup no added sugar applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a couple drops of green food coloring (optional)

Toppings:
2 packets of Stevia
1/2 cup of roasted unsalted pistachios (i used a 1/2 cup with the shells still on then chopped them up)
Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Combine water, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. fill greased or lined muffin cups two thirds of the way full.

2. Combine the topping ingredients; in a food processor or just chop by hand. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350degrees for 15-20minutes(mine took closer to 20) or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Wait until completely cool to eat. Taste even better the next day.

Serving size= 1 muffin (makes 13muffins)
Calories: 111
Sodium: 216
Carbs: 18g
Protein: 5g
Sugar: 1g
Fat: 1g
Fiber: 3g

Replies