Apple I-watch users!

Options
Anyone here have the iwatch that you use when you work out? I use it but i want your thoughts on it!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but my sister does.

She said it was stingy with calories burned compared to her machine.
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love it! Most devices include your bmr calories i.e. If you needed 100kcals to live, breathe but not move for an hour and you exercised 500kcals they would show 600kcals. The Apple Watch only shows the exercise 500kcals. Fill those circles!
  • clary3
    clary3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like my watch. Shows me how many steps I've taken, active calories burned... It keeps me motivated! Like @Amandajs232 said: Fill those circles! :smile:
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Love my iWatch. The activity rings can be part of your watch face and you are then just a press into the more detailed data. The sync with MFP for calories has worked fine for me.
  • chrisso802016
    chrisso802016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had one, but got rid of it. Found it was counting ghost steps. Like bad...

Went back to my FitBit Charge HR. Much more impressed with that. The "apple watch" has become just another watch to wear for work.

I'm really hoping the apple watch gen 2 will have drastic changes (like most gen 2 apple products). It'll probably be amazing then.

Just my 2 cents.
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love my watch and find the step counting very accurate. Exercise calories do come out low compared to machines and also a little to my polar heart rate monitor I used to use, but that's ok and stops me thinking I'm burning loads more than I am! Find it very motivating. My only gripe is it isn't great at distances indoors when running on a treadmill, it underestimates by about 10% even though I have 'trained it'.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love my watch too. I wouldn't be without it now. Not just for the fitness side, but to keep track of texts etc. I'd miss it if I lost mine.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love it. It motivates me to keep pushing by trying to get those achievements it has. I would love it if they would add more to strive for (not that i've hit everyone of them yet). Trying to fill the rings has kept me moving to meet those goals. I'm sure the steps are probably higher than what one does but that's ok, you can change the step goal to alot more to ensure you've met your step goals. The heart rate monitor is incredible. Since I started MFP i've been watching my heart rate improve through my watch and that alone is incredible. The heart truly does start improving as we lose weight. It's not perfect but it's awesome enough that i've lost 30lbs with it so far.
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like mine. Swapped out for an aftermarket band though. I think the sports bands collect more sweat and bacteria.