Ex binge eater / bulimia

Options
percybird
percybird Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! My nickname is Percy, I'm a 23 years old woman from Sweden. For the last 8 years I've suffered from bulimia and binge eating. I've gained enough weight now and I'm tired of being unattractive and fat.

My current stats: 122 kilos / 268,9 pounds / 19,2 stones
My goal weight: 65 kilos / 143,3 pounds / 10,2 stones

My biggest trouble is my low self esteem and that I sometimes hate myself from being this fat. That is also what triggers my binge eating, when I feel sad I eat.

I would like to find someone who's maybe been in the same situation or just want to be a weight loosing buddy. I have this account for calorie counting and then I also have a Instagram account where I will post my meals & body pictures.

I hope that someone would like to join me on this journey :)

Replies

• wuwu90
    wuwu90 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the whole thinking im fat with low self esteem thing. And even after losing 15 kg and being my ideal weight i still feel fat however certainly not as much as i used to. I think if u continue with calorie counting and stick to ur 1200 calorie daily intake as best as u can, u should be able to lose weight. If ur really in a rut with ur weight loss it helps joining a program like jenny craig or WW that give u weekly dietary plans and consultations. I found jenny craig and lite n easy helpful as they provided all my meals for me so if i had a treat id feel guilty about not only the empty calories but also the money i wasted in buying the healthy food. Omg im sounding like an advertisement. Anyways... good luck with your weight loss x
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @percybird do you have a Doctor who is assisting you with your recovery? There are many people on here who will give you advice, help and sometimes get mad at you...... But the First question is going to be do you have a Doctor assisting you and the second one does your Doctor know that you are on here?

You are attractive not unattractive..... remember to love yourself
  • Addybug1701
    Addybug1701 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recovered from binge eating and bulimia about two years ago, and it was the best thing I've done! I've had so much more energy and just been so much happier since recovery. I did gain a lot of weight though and am also looking to lose. I have a very low self-esteem still, and also binge when I'm upset - so it looks like we are in similar situations! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey as well. :)
  • milky_n
    milky_n Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've suffered from bulimic habits and binge eating since I was 14. Now I'm trying to control it and keep regular, healthy eating. It has been fine for 1 year, but episodes might happen. I know how hard is to get rid of...this. Emotional eating seems so familiar to me too.
    I hope you can control yourself and lose the weight in healthy way :)

• percybird
    percybird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @percybird do you have a Doctor who is assisting you with your recovery? There are many people on here who will give you advice, help and sometimes get mad at you...... But the First question is going to be do you have a Doctor assisting you and the second one does your Doctor know that you are on here?

You are attractive not unattractive..... remember to love yourself

I'm waiting for being helped by a doctor, I sent in the remittance paper about two months ago. It's a really long waiting list where I live :( I think they have around 20 or so places for adults with eating disorders. My therapist recommended me to log my meals so I think that should be okay! Xx
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi..former ED here also actually not that long ago and it's certainly a struggle daily still and I've been through therapy etc..logging my meals certainly helps, but I have to be careful not to go too low or cut out a good group or it can trigger me for sure..getting the emotional part in check is always the first thing to do as you probably know because it's not about food...good luck to you and feel free to add me for support
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have suffered from bulimia and binge eating both started 35 years ago . The bulimia I put in a box just over 20 years ago . The binge eating is still with me . As from today I'm back on a low carb high fat way of eating . I tried this last year and it is the only way of eating that has controlled the binge eating over the years . I'm at the stage that if I don't get the binge eating under control it is going to kill me . Over the last few weeks I have started to loose my mobility and that is very scary . Feel free to add me if you want .
  • youngandaspiringxo
    youngandaspiringxo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What's your Instagram name?
  • freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me pls.
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    percybird wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My nickname is Percy, I'm a 23 years old woman from Sweden. For the last 8 years I've suffered from bulimia and binge eating. I've gained enough weight now and I'm tired of being unattractive and fat.

My current stats: 122 kilos / 268,9 pounds / 19,2 stones
    My goal weight: 65 kilos / 143,3 pounds / 10,2 stones

My biggest trouble is my low self esteem and that I sometimes hate myself from being this fat. That is also what triggers my binge eating, when I feel sad I eat.

I would like to find someone who's maybe been in the same situation or just want to be a weight loosing buddy. I have this account for calorie counting and then I also have a Instagram account where I will post my meals & body pictures.

I hope that someone would like to join me on this journey :)

Hi Percy, I'm happy to join you. I was bulimic for 20 years, and kicked it ten years ago. It was a very long journey. It's difficult when "eat" is the answer to every emotional situation, and "throw up" is the answer to the shame that follows. For a quick answer strictly about the food intake aspect of this, I encourage you to look into finding a way of eating that keeps your blood sugar and energy levels stable (for me, this is very low carbs, moderate protein and high fat); this means that you are less likely to binge for physical reasons. For the emotional aspects of this, it is really important to find someone you trust to speak with on a regular basis, who doesn't have an agenda with respect to your success, who is completely non-judgmental and supportive and who is experienced in eating disorders.