Options
pbee89
pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
Should I still work out even though I have severe DOMS today

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I do. Warming up properly is very important. Do that first and then just work out different muscles from the ones that are sore. Or do light cardio. Hard to say exactly as it's dependent on your current workout schedule.
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes. Once you get going, the discomfort lessens greatly.
  • pbee89
    Options
    I heard DOMS is little tears in your muscles and when you haven't you shouldn't exercise ?
  • theconnertys
    theconnertys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can work out. Don't go hard if your worried, but getting those muscles moving and working will help you feel better.
  • pbee89
    Options
    Thanks guys ☺️☺️ feel free to add me
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    pbee89 wrote: »
    I heard DOMS is little tears in your muscles and when you haven't you shouldn't exercise ?

The point of lifting is to gain strength which builds muscle. Lifting causes micro tears in your muscle. In turn, the muscle heals itself and grows, in the process.

DOMS is normal. And it's why you shouldn't work the same muscle group the next day. Give time for those muscles to recover and work out a different group.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I had DOMS from lifitng Mon and still lifted today. I follow SL and find the rest days helpful.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    DOMS are gifts given to us by the DOMS-FAIRY. Sometimes she is kind only whacks you with a DOMS-HAMMER, other times (and often with me) she is vengeful and steam-rolls you with the DOMS-TRAIN-of-DEATH, or pushes you down a flight of DOMS-STAIRS.

And she knows. She knows all.
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DOMS are gifts given to us by the DOMS-FAIRY. Sometimes she is kind only whacks you with a DOMS-HAMMER, other times (and often with me) she is vengeful and steam-rolls you with the DOMS-TRAIN-of-DEATH, or pushes you down a flight of DOMS-STAIRS.

Love this.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

LMAO!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options

So true....maybe this fairy has it out for middle aged women like me LOL!!