Chinese Dilemma!!

Options
Its Friday once again. Me and the hubby usually do fish n chips with a couple of friends but my mates dad is in town and wants to take us out for Chinese..... to me it sounds a bit healthier then fish n chips but i know its still bad for me!! What would be the best thing to order?? I only really do chicken meat wise.... i love noodles, prefer them over rice.....please help me

Replies

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    plain chow mein isnt that bad on calouries :flowerforyou:
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Garlic chicken and broccoli.
  • AmbitiouslyMe
    Options
    eat what you like then just do an extra workout to make up for it
  • nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    I would go for beef and broccoli
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Vegtables in oyster sauce with a bit of rice or noodles.
  • stephparee
    stephparee Posts: 12
    Options
    braised chicken anad vegetables is always good oh and the steamed wonton soups. e.g. short soup and long soup!
    another tip, make sure you eat with a fork not a spoon, that way your not getting all the sauces in your spoon and you can drip them off with a fork!
    enjoy!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Boost your water up. It can have a ton of sodium.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Usually a Chinese restaurant will have a steamed option. I would go with that. You don't want to have any sauces if you can avoid them as they all have sugar and corn starch. Ask if they have brown rice instead of white rice, some places will.
    I love me some Chinese food, so I always find the places with the steamed dishes!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I suggest calling the restaurant to ask if they have a diet/healthier menu with no salt, msg, or oil.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    And here I thought this post might be a thoughtful debate over trade with China.... :sad:
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I always use chop sticks when i eat chinese.... i always thought thats how they stay so skinny over in china! So i want to try and not get the sauce in my bowl? If I let it drip off, it wont be soo bad?
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Don't eat any fried entrees....and yep..chicken (NOT HONEYED or FRIED) should be ok....eat slow and small and you probably won't go over..exercise a bit extra and drink water or green green tea!!
    BUT...after all that....how often do you do this??? Not often so enjoy....you can always enter 'added calories' and just guess and get on with it tomorrow!!
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating Fish & Chips or Chinese as long as you use portion control. Asians are generally skinny because they actually walk from place to place and they don't eat any processed foods. All fresh fish, rice, veggies. Most food at traditional Chinese restaurants is extremely healthy. Again a 1/2 cup is a serving size in most instances. They stir fry almost everything which is very healthy as well since little oil is used.
  • bella8282
    Options
    eating utensils dont make you skinny!! portion controls and healthy food do.
    I lived in Japan for 2 years as a teen -
    Like China they eat a good healthy diet! eat packaged and treat food in moderation and lead a much more active lifestyle.

(Hamburgers from Mc donalds are even smaller!!! by quite alot!)

Chop sticks can help you slow down your eating, thus not over filling your self before you know your not hungry anymore.....
    but make you skinny??? No. :)
  • bella8282
    Options
    Oh, and if your commited to having to eat take away every friday... then just do an extra work out and save some extra calories for that meal.