nutritionist Uhhh.....

Options
I went to my nutritionist recently and she told me to just count carbs (By adding the carb content) She told me to only eat 200 carbs, 45-60 carbs per meals, 15-20 carb per snacks. And to only do 1600 calories plus eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies, 4 servings of low-fat diary also.

She said since I'm young, it'll work for me and I'll lose weight.

my question is... **drum roll** will i lose weight on this? Because i'm not TOTALLY sure:) Thanks:happy:

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Did she even look at you while she said this? It just sounds to me like such a blanket statement that will work for everybody. I would say it would work if she actually calculated it knowing your height, weight, activity levels, etc.

Also remember that fiber is carbs, but your body can't digest them. So depending on what you ate, you could actually be consuming a lot less calories than you think (though you'd have to consume a lot of fiber for that to happen).
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist gave me this advice also. This is a basic diet plan for diabetics (I am not, just needed some professional advice).

Been following this a bit over 2 weeks and lost 4.5 pounds. She did take my weight and activity level into consideration as well.
  • Larode
    Larode Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seems a little high in carbs.....

MFP should calculate what you need based on weight loss goals. If you get your carbs from fruit and veges, cut out white breads, pasta, sugars, you should do fine. Lots of fiber - salads and fruits a couple of times a day. I've lost 52 pounds in a year, but I also work out almost daily..... Good luck!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I had gestational diabetes I was given similar parameters...but you could subtract half the amount of fiber from the carb count. It's quite the formula to constantly be thinking about. My advice (which you of course don't need to take): Lots of veggies and protein, small amounts of whole grain carbs (other than the carbs from fruits and veggies), small amounts of fruit, and limited (if any) processed foods. Eating clean is one of the best things I ever did for my body.
  • VampireDiaries16
    Options
    She did bring out her calculator and began with the *clicking* so I think that's what she was doing. Hopefully. I just need to follow the plan and check my weight. I'm hoping to loss 30 pounds by sept. or oct. I won't know till I actually see a difference:)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The carbs seems really high. My trainer/nutritionist told me 100-120 g carbs daily.
  • VampireDiaries16
    Options
    I've been eating around 120-140 carbs per day:) I know for a fact that i'm not eating up to 200 carbs. That's just not gonna happen.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I went to my nutritionist recently and she told me to just count carbs (By adding the carb content) She told me to only eat 200 carbs, 45-60 carbs per meals, 15-20 carb per snacks. And to only do 1600 calories plus eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies, 4 servings of low-fat diary also.

She said since I'm young, it'll work for me and I'll lose weight.

my question is... **drum roll** will i lose weight on this? Because i'm not TOTALLY sure:) Thanks:happy:

How much do you weigh?