New in the community. Planning to lose 10 kg for the next 2 months.

Options
JamolD
JamolD Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello. My name is Jamol.
I set a goal to lose 10 kg for 2 months. However, weight is not as important as visual appearance. I will try to lose, but if I gain muscles and lose fat, it's will be even better. But I believe it's going to be extremely difficult.
Plan is to train everyday.
45 mins cardio and 1 hours weight training.
Diet: carbs and fat control.

I would be very happy if you share your ideas?
Thank you

Replies

• fefeb2014
    fefeb2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, i plan to lose 10 kg for 2 months too.
    45 min Cardio , 15 minutes weight training because im afraid to gain too much muscle for a woman.
    What are your goals about food ? :)

(Sorry for my bad english. Im french... :p )
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You won't gain any muscle while losing weight. It just doesn't work like that and with such an agressive weight loss you will lose muscle as well as fat.

I believe that works out around 2.75lbs a week, the maximum recommended is 2lbs and even then that is probably only for people who are morbidly obese.

If you try and do that exercise level, 7 days a week plus an extreme calorie deficit you will like burn out after a couple of days with zero energy and make yourself ill.

You need to reassess, set an achieveable goal e.g. 1lb a week loss. You need to do exercise which you can sustain and you have to have rest days.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's seems a bit too much too fast.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    fefeb2014 wrote: »
    Hi, i plan to lose 10 kg for 2 months too.
    45 min Cardio , 15 minutes weight training because im afraid to gain too much muscle for a woman.
    What are your goals about food ? :)

(Sorry for my bad english. Im french... :p )

I think for women you have to do ALOT of weight lifting to gain muscle, I wouldn't worry about gaining muscle too much :smiley:

OP if 10KG is all you have to lose, 2 months is probably too aggressive, you might lose muscle which seems to go against your goal of improving your appearance. Maybe aim for half a kilo a week instead of over 1kg.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Why the huge goal ?
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • JamolD
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So, better to extend it to 3 month? It makes around 0.8 kg a week?
    I'm planning to eat 1900 calories a day together with 150 carbs + 150 fat.
    It's a bit difficult to look after my meal while working full-time. But, if I won't be lazy, I think I can do that.
    What vitamins can you suggest? Anything multi?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I would extend it to 6 months. There is no rush.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Gain muscle and lose fat? Won't happen buddy. Learn the science of how gaining muscle is accomplished
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    JamolD wrote: »
    It's a bit difficult to look after my meal while working full-time. But, if I won't be lazy, I think I can do that.

It's less a matter of can you lose 10kg in 2 months and more a matter of should you.

There are health risks associated with losing to fast. Better to go slow, slower means you relearn how to eat instead of just seeing it as temporary, going back to your old ways as soon as you lose the weight.
  • ShalloKiBaji
    ShalloKiBaji Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm looking to lose 15 pounds. Max April end or mid May. Looking for a support system. Let me know if interested?!

Best,
    AJ
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    People rarely stick to such an aggressive goal. You're not in the position you're in now because you know how to eat small amounts of food. Have a less aggressive goal at first so you can learn how to eat smaller portions.
  • JamolD
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    JamolD wrote: »

It's less a matter of can you lose 10kg in 2 months and more a matter of should you.

There are health risks associated with losing to fast. Better to go slow, slower means you relearn how to eat instead of just seeing it as temporary, going back to your old ways as soon as you lose the weight.

So the concert should be not "weight loss" but "healthier life style"?
    What if I lose 10 kg in 3 months and I would set a goal, not to lose weight anymore, but keep the current weight? You think that would work?
  • JamolD
    Options
    People rarely stick to such an aggressive goal. You're not in the position you're in now because you know how to eat small amounts of food. Have a less aggressive goal at first so you can learn how to eat smaller portions.

Yeah, that's a big problem of mine. I love too eat o:)

I'm trying to teach my self to eat smaller portions right now. Let's see if it will work...
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but seems extremely difficult. Many factors come in to play, but possible none the less, it seems you have to quite big to start off with.
  • gl6h2
    gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is the same weight I want to lose! I already lost 1.5 kg. I've been workingout every single day for the last month. From my humble opinion, do cardio for 30 min AT MOST then lift weights. Don't do only cardio unless you want to look flabby.