only 1000 calories

Options
i just carnt seem to eat more than a 1000 calories a day, and people tell me this is going to slow every thing down. i dont want to be eating too much and im not sure what i should eat , im not a very good cook so i tend to just stick to salad and easy thing ... please help if you can , thanks :cry:

Replies

• tiffnday
    tiffnday Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me too. Since i've been watching what i eat. I've been eating under 1000.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Maybe your should try a protein shake, or smoothie to add in there somewhere.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble hitting 1200, change the low/reduced fat items to the regular versions. This could add anywhere from 50-200 cal a day, depending on what exactly you're eating.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a latte everyday with splenda in it. If I didn't I probably wouldnt make it over 1,000 either...lol I should have the smoothie, but people will really hate me without coffee.
  • maryam4444
    Options
    Beans? You can get a bunch of different kinds in cans, so you don't really need to know how to cook to enjoy them. Just open and dump in a pan on the stove. If you how to cook enough to add some sauteed onions and peppers to just about any kind, they make a great meal.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy fats. Use oil when cooking, add nuts to salads, eat peanut butter. Just make sure you don't starve your body.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    homemade soup is good add avacado in salads nuts are high in calories vegetable lasangne is nice and i like graze boxes to help up my calories
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not being able to eat more than 1000. I wish I had that problem! But seriously, a handful of nuts or a banana or apple with some peanut butter would add up to a few hundred quickly.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of milk before bed. And throw some almonds or sunflower seeds into your salad. That should do the trick.
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bread, Wine, or ice cream are good sources for those calories. I have all of those in my diet and don't deprive myself of anything so long as I have the calories to spare. You should eat up all of your calories.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i used to have that problem but lately it's just gone away... i've been eating two meals and a couple snacks. when i was just snacking before.
  • pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat. Seriously, I used to be the same way and stayed around 1000-1250 calories. I tanked my metabolism and my weight came back on so quickly. Then, I got more comfortable with eating the right things after doing ALOT of research. I now get LOTS of protein, even up to 1 g per lb of body (I found some helpful articles on bodybuilding.com), I keep my carbs low (around 100 works for me) and I watch my fat intake. Remember, if you'll eat 5 meals per day of 200-300 calories this will help too. Try making a protein shake for yourself (I use BSN Desert protein whipped vanilla - YUM!) and you can make that with more or very little calories depending on what you've had the whole day. You'll find what works for you and if you're really concerned about gaining, eat more and lift weights & work out. I'm now at 1400-2000 calories. Usually 1800-2000 on workout days and I'm steady loosing weight WAY quicker than I did on only 100-1200 ish.

Good luck!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    I LOVE my morning protein shake! I do ice, frozen banana, 2 TBLS of natural Peanut Butter, 1/2 C of Skim Milk and a scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. That's about 450 calories right there, but it fills me up and gives me great energy for my workout.
  • antoniaswift
    Options
    i think im going to start having a protine shake to bulk up the calories thanks everyone x:wink:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    i think im going to start having a protine shake to bulk up the calories thanks everyone x:wink:

You might also consider adding things like nuts, avocado, seeds, beans, etc. to your salads. It's SUPER easy to create a higher calorie, but still healthy, salad.

Other recommendations like switching to full-fat dairy and incorporating healthy oils (olive, coconut, etc.) into your food are good too.
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    cheese lol, always good for using up cals......or carbs like pasta and rice, maybe the odd bar of chocolate......if you're under then you can afford to do it :)
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not being able to eat more than 1000. I wish I had that problem!

Sing it, sister. =\
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    What 'pauterson' said..[I'm too technoidiotic to quote].

You can seriously tank your metabolism eating too little. At one point, I literally gained weight eating 1400 calories...that was after a 'medically' supervised diet of 800 calories/day...grrrrrrr...still makes me mad to think about it.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat. Seriously, I used to be the same way and stayed around 1000-1250 calories. I tanked my metabolism and my weight came back on so quickly. Then, I got more comfortable with eating the right things after doing ALOT of research. I now get LOTS of protein, even up to 1 g per lb of body (I found some helpful articles on bodybuilding.com), I keep my carbs low (around 100 works for me) and I watch my fat intake. Remember, if you'll eat 5 meals per day of 200-300 calories this will help too. Try making a protein shake for yourself (I use BSN Desert protein whipped vanilla - YUM!) and you can make that with more or very little calories depending on what you've had the whole day. You'll find what works for you and if you're really concerned about gaining, eat more and lift weights & work out. I'm now at 1400-2000 calories. Usually 1800-2000 on workout days and I'm steady loosing weight WAY quicker than I did on only 100-1200 ish.

Good luck!

What she said...
    sorry..testing things out...

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Bread, Wine, or ice cream are good sources for those calories. I have all of those in my diet and don't deprive myself of anything so long as I have the calories to spare. You should eat up all of your calories.

I like the way you're thinking! :-) I eat lots of healthy stuff (fruits, veggies, lean protein), but if I have calories to spare after eating that healthy food, I'm going to indulge in a dish of ice cream, a nice, crisp glass of white wine or something else that feels like a treat.